Nvidia driver crash when playing certain games

DarriaNCZE

Honorable
Nov 1, 2014
Hi guys, I have a slightly advanced question. My Nvidia drivers are crashing in few PC games on a regular basis. I have managed to solved this by increasing TDR delay in the registry. But this is not a solution, more like a workaround.

This is the second GPU which is doing this to me. Could it be faulty power supply?

rhoban

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018
In order to increase your chances of help, it would be in your best interest to provide hardware information.

We don't even know what GPU you have, what kind of power supply, the rest of your system and the games you're trying to play.

Have you tried an older driver?

DarriaNCZE

Honorable
Nov 1, 2014
Sorry.

Intel Core i7 3770K Overclocked to 4.3 GHz (stable, I have ran multiple stability tests)
Nvidia GeForce GTX980 (Gigabyte G1 Gaming)
16 GB of RAM
Power supply: OCZ Fatality 750w

And I have done several benchmarks and stress tests to GPU and CPU, and it never happened. It only happens in those two games. And it's OMSI 2 and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4

DarriaNCZE

Honorable
Nov 1, 2014

I have tried multiple versions, but none of them really showed any difference. I have this issue continually for over a year. The only solution for me was to increase the TDR delay. But I worry that if it's a hardware fault, then it could lead to something more severe.