Nvidia driver installation problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

grof.greg

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi, I have installed new windows 7 week ago, since then I'm unable to install nvidia drivers with their installer. It says that drivers can't find compatible hardware.

Also tried DDU , and installing new drivers, didn't work either.

I have tried searching on web, so I found a solution that didn't work for me, was about changing some file inside Nvidia folders that create while installing driver, but the thing is that I don't even have them.

Another thing I found was to search up device manager and find little triangles( problems), I had no errors.

So eventually i installed driver with Driver Booster 5, but I don't its the newest driver and I don't even have Nvidia Control Panel.

I tried to install driver over nvidia expirience but got same error saying drivers are not compatible.

grof.greg

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Actually I have r5 1500x and 1060 next to me still waiting to buy psu hopefully next week, but still this pc is going to be used by brother and I don't want to leave it like this. Yes i tried to psysically remove it and tose things, also tried new driverI might reinstall windows again (again 7 just another torrent file)
its quite late here its 12AM, I'am going to do it now, hopefully with better results. I'll contact you as soon as I'm done reinstalling , thank you for your time :)

grof.greg

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
So I reainstalled windows (different torrent file ) and did DDU in safemode , and actuallyl had to delete manually and files that were into NVIDIA folder. Thats what helped me. :)