Nvidia driver problem!!!!! wont go away!

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Ok I've honestly had enough of this crap. This is what happened:
My gtx 295 started to freeze and screw up, so i thought it was a problem with the card. I searched around, and saw it might be a driver problem. So i went into safe mode, deleted the drivers via driver sweeper, fixed registry errors with ccleaneer, rebooted into safe mode, and installed the latest drivers. It worked alright for a while, so i ran a stress test (OCCT) to check for errors. The first few seconds were ok, then i had about 15,000 errors (seriously 15k) and then crash. When i restarted everything that taxed the gpu in the least bit caused a crash. So i put in the 7500le i have now b/c i thought the gtx 295 was defective. I cleared and reinstalled drivers in the same manner. However, just by running windows aero, flickers appear every where, and if i dont switch to the basic theme quick enough I crash. So i cleaned and reinstalled again, and what do you know, i could run aero (still on the 7500le) however when i ran an occt stress test with error check to see if everythings alright, i had an immediate crash. I had to reboot to get back to using my pc.

What is wrong with the f****** drivers??? I can't stand this anymore, I don't know about my gtx 295, but I use that 7500le in an older pc and it works fine, so it has to be drivers.

I really need help with this quick.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

Bump- come on guys im completely clueless here.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

ive tried both the disk drivers and the latest ones.

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
well personally i've been having trouble with the most recent drivers so i keep switching back to 186.16 I think. so you might want to look for some older drivers versions that aren't your disk driver. but besides that i have no idea. Nvidia's drivers recently haven't been all that great. I know that if the driver fails on the 19x.xx drivers that the clock speeds will be locked in 2d mode 300core 600shaders and 100 mhz sorry if this wasn't much help

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

Huh, maybe your right. I actually haven't tried that yet, so you maybe this is more helpful then you think :)