Question Nvidia driver problem?

rustynetwork

Commendable
Apr 20, 2017
Yesterday i formatted my pc and when i tried to install latest nvidia drivers(standart) for rtx 2060 and w10 x64,it gave me an error i have always been downloading standart ones because i didnt know what actually DCH ones used for, it says your nvidia driver not compatible with windows version but then i installed the latest driver(DCH) and it installed just fine but, i felt like dch driver installed less companent than standart one did for example it didnt install NGX, standart driver installs more maybe something related to ray trwcing stuff i dunno, now im reformatting my pc again to see if i can install standart drivers or not, or why i cant install standart ones anymore, have something changed with the latest windows update or what ? Or if i install dch will i suffer from any ray tracing stuff because it installed less than standart one it confused me

i try to look around before regarding this standard vs DCH driver but i can't really understand what it is all about haha. but they say if you're using DCH version of the driver going forward you need to use DCH driver for updates. not sure if this persist even after full system format. though i think it is not. what kind error did you get?

rustynetwork

Commendable
Apr 20, 2017
Something like this 'nvidia standard driver version is not compatible with your windows' i was able to install 419.xx standard versions without a problem before now i just cant and i dont think dch drivers fully support or utilize ray tracing thats my problem, im at work now ill try to install older drivers standard versions when i get back home

ASK THE COMMUNITY