nvidia driver stopped responding and successfully recovered

ImperialCavalry

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
ok so we just purchased a new graphics card gtx 1050 ti (390.xx driver installed) previous AMD gpu somehow stopped working one day and never worked again(black screen right after the windows 10 logo) now we have the NVIDIA card working without problems however Event Viewer keep showing Warning 4101 again, this was the code/error we were getting on our previous AMD card and now we scared if this nvidia card going to get same fate or not. We don't even notice the black screens, we think its a very short time in happens? We already disabled the Windows Update from group policy editor which was also disabled in our previous AMD card to prevent faulty driver updates from Microsoft.

i7 4790k (no overclock)
z97 pro gamer mobo
Win10 1803
700W PSU
16GB ram

We learned this amount of PSU is more than enough for this hardware as we asked here before, so what is it the problem? Should we do clean install of the GPU driver? do NVIDIA have option to do clean install? We don't want to use DDU since virustotal site reports some red detections in the zip file from guru3d site

any help will be appreciated

ImperialCavalry

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

We found this 4101 event entry happens only when we AFK, meaning when the computer is idle, thats why we don't see these black screens. There is must be something Windows doing at background causing this, in idle times, can any of you help with this specific matter? We already disabled Windows Update as we said before

yuriekatz13

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
i've experience this before from AMD iGPU to Nvidia GPU change..

its much worse.. i had to do a restore to clean state(something along with that)..
which restore your Win10 OS in to clean state with your files intact..

i've tried DDU, safe boot.. multiple times.. no luck..

so in short.. restore clean state or new installment of OS..
that's all i can recommend.. i hope this helps..