Question NVIDIA driver suddenly doesnt work correctly

Daro

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hi, so my problem is that a few days ago i turn on my pc and the resolution is changed, my native resolution is 1440x900 and it changed to 1280x1024. so when i go to change it the native res doesnt show... so i installed the latest driver for my 9500gt and the problem is still there. so i just uninstalled the nvidia drivers and let windows install what it wants. and what windows installed worked! now i can properly set 1440x900. (i have to say that on 1280x1024 i tried adding the custom resolution but it looked really bad)
So you might think okay there is no problem now! but there is one, online videos dont look good, 720p youtube or twitch videos look really bad, as if they were 480p, they look like 4:3. but i tried playing a videogame and it looks fine!

this is what windows installed: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)

edit: the monitor driver i think changed to generic non pnp monitor. i changed it to generic pnp monitor but everything remains the same
maybe it has something to do with my gpu not recognizing my monitor? my monitor is a LG Flatron W1952S PF

Last edited:

Daro

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
windows 7, but i think videos look fine now... or i just got used to it, cant really tell anymore, i do notice a difference between 480p and 720p so yeah it has to be fixed now

TRENDING THREADS