Nvidia driver uninstalls itself after reboot

martinsozols8

Reputable
Feb 26, 2018
So, I tried to update my nvidia drivers and everything went well. Then I turned it off. Next day I go to play something and I get a message that my GPU is not supported. I also notice that I have lost the Nvidia control panel. I do 40 min. of fixing and after the fix, Windows automatically resets my driver. It reset my driver version back to like 2014. I’m getting sick of having no optimisation cause I have got a 3 year old driver and don’t have a choice, and I’m sick of having this and doing this every time I try to update my drivers... I have the 960m 4gb Vram...

Solution

So here is your solution: First Download the Driver and save it ( I created a "Download Clients" Folder under my SSD which is my C Drive.) Make sure your are...

martinsozols8

Reputable
Feb 26, 2018
I tried to update from Nvidia’s site. When I found out it deleted itself I couldn’t redownload it cause it just showed an error. I had no other option but just to update it via Windows.

Fdino

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014

So here is your solution: First Download the Driver and save it ( I created a "Download Clients" Folder under my SSD which is my C Drive.) Make sure your are downloading to your preferred folder by selecting your browsers setting and clicking advanced options look for download and select the folder your want your internet downloads to be downloaded to.
Now, once you download the most recent driver, make sure you can find the driver in your folder, if everything checks out proceed with uninstalling driver installed. Go to bottom right corner where your internet icon is disable internet so you're not getting any access to internet at all (This is very important!!) Once internet is disabled, At the same time hit your windows key and R, this will bring up your Run prompt. Type in devmgmt.msc into run prompt window, this will bring up your device manager. In device manager find "Display Adapter" ( should be fourth option down.) Click on arrow to drop down, right click on graphics card listed select properties then click the "Driver" tab then select Uninstall Device. A box will appear SELECT "Delete driver software for this device." Then hit ok. Now nothing should show up under Display Adapter.
Next, go into your control panel and find programs and features. Uninstall everything that has to do with Nvidia EX: Nvidia PhysX System Software, Nvidia GeForce Experience and Nvidia Graphics Driver.. Once you have successfully uninstalled. Go into your task manager by hit Ctrl Alt delete select task manager and make sure no Nvidia settings are running. Keep in mind you will be doing all of this with your internet disabled, the reason why you want to disable internet is because the minute you uninstall your old NVidia driver windows will automatically install it again, you don't want that.. you want a clean installation of newest driver. After closing all Nvidia Applications in Task Manager Restart your computer, your internet will remain disabled. Find the new driver that you installed from beginning, install it.. I always choose "Custom Install" And only select A) GPU Driver (of course) B) PhysX C) GeForce Experience then select at bottom "Clean Install" If smart scan says it cannot detect if download is ok due to no internet access just click skip or ignore and run the installation. AFTER installation is complete Re-Enable your internet and restart your computer. I know it sounds like a lot but it really isn't follow this routine every time you update GPU driver. If you don't want GeForce Experience then don't select it but PhysX is a must. The entire process should take your 20-30 minutes tops. To check if you have correct version right click on desktop and click Nvidia Control Panel the driver version will be listed right in front of you. Let me know if this helps. Or if you have any further questions

Solution