[SOLVED] Nvidia Driver very slow to initiate after bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belinir

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
Hey, so I had this problem for a good while now, but it doesn't bother me too much since my PC is basically running 24/7 anyway.
Almost every time I boot up my Nvidia Geforce Driver takes forever to start, which results in having a low resolution windows for up to 5 minutes as well as only one screen available.
Sometimes it also results in my PC using my second monitor solely instead of both of them. Low resolution also happens in the login screen.

Is this an issue with startup, or is my Windows 10 installation somehow broken / could it be my SSD?

My initial thought was, that my startup prioritizes other software over the GPU drivers and for some reason it takes forever until it decides to initiate the driver.

Thanks in advance!

Aug 18, 2022
Display Driver Uninstaller.
Reinstall.
Fixed.

Hey Belinir. I'm facing the same issues after updating to the Nvidia 516.94 driver.

Even after trying DDU on safe mode, it's still very laggy once my pc boot up. So I have to switch between my two monitors, then it freezes for 3~min and finally, it unfreezes and I can use it normally.

Would you have a solution for this?

Btw I used to have the driver 471.68 and it used to work flawlessly, but I had to update it in order to play new releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.