Nvidia Drivers Crashing

Ak ahmadkoblawi

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
So i have a Lenovo y5010p
It has an i7 and a 750m sli grahphic when ever i play any game the nvidia drivers crash.
I reinstalled windows and drivers sevral times and it is still not working please guys I need help
I also tried talking out the sli card and back in

Ak ahmadkoblawi

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015

didnt work any more advice

Is it certain that the video drivers are crashing? Any error message(s) are shown?

What is the detailed specification of the system please -

Lenovo Y5010P laptop with what memory?

What video card(s)?

Is the laptop new? And was there always a problem from new?

Or did the problem just occur recently? If so, what, if any, changes were made to the system (hardware or software), prior to problems occurring?

Ak ahmadkoblawi

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015

All of the questions haven't been answered.

And I haven't found detailed specifications of the Lenovo Y5010p laptop, so there will be some guesswork required.

The laptop has TWO video cards installed in SLI configuration?

If so, remove one video card and run the remaining card in non-SLI mode.

If the laptop runs OK with the first video card removed, then the first removed video card may be faulty.

If the laptop still crashes with the first video card removed, then the second video card may be faulty; then -

Reinstall the first video card and remove the second video card.

If the laptop runs OK with the second video card removed, then the second removed video card may be faulty.

If the laptop still crashes with the second video card removed, then the second and first video cards may both be faulty; and/or, there may be a motherboard issue (also).

Try both videos cards (one at a time, and then both in SLI configuration) in another laptop.

If the other laptop works OK, then the original laptop motherboard may be faulty.

If the other laptop crashes with any combination of video cards installed, then the two videos card seem to be faulty, AND the original laptop motherboard may be faulty.

The laptop has ONE video card installed?

If so, remove that video card and try another known working video card; and/or try the laptop video card in another laptop.

If the laptop doesn't crash with another video card installed, and/or if the laptop video card in another laptop causes crashes, then the original laptop video card may be faulty.

If the laptop still crashes with another video card installed, and/or if the laptop video card in another laptop doesn't cause the other laptop to crash, then the original laptop may have a faulty motherboard.

Ak ahmadkoblawi

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015

I guess they are both faulty , do u know what I can do

Ak ahmadkoblawi

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015

I tried looking for them but i cant find them , can you help me find the link?

Thank you!

The original video drivers are presumably on a disk that came with the laptop. And despite (re)installing these drivers the system still crashes when playing games(?)

There appear to be video drivers available for the laptop here. Scroll down the Drivers & Software section and select NVIDIA VGA Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit) to download the drivers for the video card.

Could try these drivers from Lenovo and see if they work anyway.

Ak ahmadkoblawi

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015