[SOLVED] Nvidia drivers failing

Feb 29, 2020
My friend cant get any signal from his gpu or motherboard output unless the gpu is not in. so he is using the motherboard output without the gpu at the moment. When he installs his gpu drivers it fails with message saying that no compatible hardware was found but he cant install the drivers while the gpu is in.

Feb 29, 2020
Specs:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
AMD FX-6300
Gigabyte GA-7BLMT
Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 750ti 2gb (not currently in the computer)
Corsair CX600 ATX Power Supply 600W

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020
He had a r9 270x 2gb at first but his computer would randomly shut down along with the occasional no signal at boot. we found out that the graphics card was damaged either the DVI port or the whole card entirely as it would flicker green in the bios to the point where the computer just wont display a clear image.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020
Also with this new gpu he has now he was using it normally for the first night playing games like counter strike and then the next morning all of this happened

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There's a common denominator somewhere - gpu 1 is damaged and no longer works correctly, was replaced, and soon afterwards, gpu 2 starts acting funky...

There's either a short somewhere, or the psu damaged both gpus.
I'd say try the spare - it's probably too late for gpu 2 if it's already been damaged though.

Feb 29, 2020
There's a common denominator somewhere - gpu 1 is damaged and no longer works correctly, was replaced, and soon afterwards, gpu 2 starts acting funky...

I'd say try the spare - it's probably too late for gpu 2 if it's already been damaged though.
i see what you mean, when he brings his computer down i'll test the gpu again in my own computer and change out the psu. thanks for taking your time and for the feedback though dude I was lost at this point but now i got something to try.

Feb 29, 2020

Hello again, We changed out the power supply and put in the gtx 750ti and still no signal on both gpu/mobo display ports but we also tested the old card he originally had and he gets a signal now through the mobo with the gpu in the computer. Currently downloading drivers to see if that works for the signal through the gpu.

edit*
Turns out he didnt have both pcie cables in to power the gpu and basically in the same boat but with a different psu in this time. i'm starting to think its his motherboard right ?

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020
If it is the motherboard, then all he should have to do is update the mobo's bios, if he hasn't already.
His computer is quite old but ive looked on the gigabyte website and the latest bios update was back when he bought it. ill get the bios update and see if it helps

Last edited: