NVidia Drivers for Win7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidNull

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
I installed windows 7, but cant do any gaming on it as it only has the default driver for the GTX280 which is absolutely atrocious. Are there any Alpha or Beta Drivers released for Windows 7 so that people can really run it through the mill for gaming?

50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
i read all the vista drivers should work for 7. I have win 7 64bit. The only drivers i needed were for video card and sound.

Video - ATI 8.12 Vista 64 driver
sound - Gigabyte's Realtek vista driver

both worked flawlessly. I have read a lot of people having trouble with beta drivers. Like i said, i read vista drivers will work.

I've had it running since late friday night. Running Farcry2, left4dead, COD5, Ventrillo, fraps, 3dmark06, etc. Typical gaming stuff. No issues.

have you tried the vista drivers?

VoidNull

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008

A beta, with some big bugs, some huge stability problems and some very unstable alpha or beta drivers, so far I am actually impressed by the over all quality of the Beta, but the default drivers are just that, default and bad.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_7.html
Dunno if that will help, prolly not but thats what nVidia has to say on drivers.

Ah, so all the Beta drivers are available through windows update, neat. I just assumed nVidia would release their drivers separately like they normally do, but that's cool, everything in one place... perhaps this time around the Windows Update Utility will be useful.

Thank you for finding that link timaahhh, that was exactly what I was looking for.

VoidNull

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008

Also excellent into to know, I guess if Win7 is just a general reskin and re marketing of Vista it would make sense. Loved Vista, and Im really enjoying Win7 so far as well.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
I tried 7 on my I7 P6T. The mobo drivers arent compatible with 7, so USB is glitchy and I cant install the beta driver for my 4870 since the chipset drivers arent right.

It did install fast, and boot fast, but I had to come back to Vista for the time being.

I'm sure it works lots better on older hardware with compatible drivers.

ericm7030

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
Yeah if you go to Nvidia's site they tell you that you will get them through Windows update.

I can confirm this as I got the WDM driver for my 6800GT through windows update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS