Nvidia drivers keep crashing on windows 8

Malki_m92

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hey,
I have a problem with windows 8 and Nvidia drivers. Whenever I'm using Autodesk Autocad or IE10, the drivers keep on crashing. sometimes its just a black screen for 5-10 seconds and then restores back and says nvidia drivers have stopped responding, some other times it just freezes and i cant do anything. It doesn't do so with games or any other programs. I had windows 7 before and never encountered such a problem, but its been happening since i got windows 8. Oh, and before getting windows 8, I had flashed my bios to the latest version, didn't encounter any errors with it, just thought i'd post it here incase it has something to do with it. I have updated Nvidia drivers many times, but to no avail. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Hardware:
i5-2500K
Nvidia EVGA GTX 560 SC
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x4GB DDR3

Nvidia Drivers Version 331.65

here is an image of the error
http://s22.postimg.org/wtur3zayp/Untitled.png

Solution

For what it's worth, I've been having the same problem during normal web browsing. I've downgraded to 310.70, but the "stopped responding" error persists..

DonQuixoteMC

Distinguished

Have you tried using older drivers? Such as the ones that you used with Windows 7. Perhaps the newer drivers just have a bug with those specific programs. Stranger things have happened! (And are you clean installing the drivers?)

DonQuixoteMC

voicesarefree

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013

For what it's worth, I've been having the same problem during normal web browsing. I've downgraded to 310.70, but the "stopped responding" error persists..

Solution