[SOLVED] Nvidia Drivers refuse to install

klippenwald

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
I've got a laptop with GTX860M GPUs installed and Win 10 64 bit v1903.

I cannot get the drivers to install. I keep getting the error that it's an incompatible version of windows and that it doesn't detect compatible hardware. I'm pulling my hair out here. I've verified Windows is up to date, checked that I do indeed have 860M's installed with GPU-Z. I've uninstalled the previous drivers to see if that would help, tried safe mode, tried run as administrator. I've even uninstalled via device manager and had it delete the drivers. I'm trying to install the latest Nvidia drivers 445.87, but I also tried older drivers from last fall just to see if they would work. No luck.

What can I possibly do?

Solution
What's the make and Model number of your LAPTOP ? Please kindly download and install the OEM's VGA drivers from your Laptop manufacturer's website.

By the way, are you installing the correct version of drivers ? Don't mix 64 bit with 32 and vice versa. For laptops is it highly recommended that we install the OEM drivers instead.
What's the make and Model number of your LAPTOP ? Please kindly download and install the OEM's VGA drivers from your Laptop manufacturer's website.

By the way, are you installing the correct version of drivers ? Don't mix 64 bit with 32 and vice versa. For laptops is it highly recommended that we install the OEM drivers instead.

Last edited:
Solution

klippenwald

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Laptop is a custom build by Origin. It is definitely 64 bit, verified in system information. Going to the manufacturer website link to graphcs drivers is a redirect to the Nvidia driver download site.