Nvidia drivers seem to have serious issue

aztekxero

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Hello everyone. I have an EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 installed in my desktop computer and just recently, I have been experiencing some problems. I have had the same hardware setup for over a year now, but just a few days ago, I started getting some driver failures (driver has failed but recovered). It happened a few times a day, but everything else was working fine. Just today though, I can't even watch videos on my computer anymore. I was trying to stream something online earlier (tried both Firefox and IE) and my screen was suddenly filled with weird artifacts all over. When I try to watch a video file in VLC, both VLC and the display driver will both crash.

So far, I have tried removing all NVIDIA drivers with Driver Fusion and reinstalling the latest drivers. I always uncheck every box during installation except for the driver itself. I have also tried an older version of Firefox and an older version of the NVIDIA drivers and nothing has worked so far.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

math1337

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Your card might be overheating, and it might just be failing. If the older drivers don't work, then it's probably not a driver issue. You might want to look into getting a warranty replacement.

aztekxero

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
The card is maybe 2 years old. The room is air conditioned, so I don't think that's a problem. I'm pretty sure the fans are fairly clean, but will clean them out to see if that works. Also, I have a pretty good case with 3 case fans installed.

TRENDING THREADS