NVidia DSR for 16:10 not working

Trilandian

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
My setup is SLI'd GTX 970's and a 1680x1050 monitor (overkill, I know, but I'm buying a bigger monitor in the next couple of months).

I tried using DSR yesterday, but all the resolutions it gave me were sourced from 1920x1080, even in GeForce experience.

From what I've read, the only issues with 16:10 happen when using HDMI, but I'm using DVI.

I have the latest driver (344.75), so that's not an issue either.

Any suggestions?

Solution
Does 344.48 problematic on your card? Anyway I do think we as customer do 'beta test' any new feature coming from nvidia and AMD. the are millions of PC configuration out there. So no matter how rigorous their QA are there bound to be problem on some configuration. That's why nvidia made official driver feedback thread in their forum. Same as AMD. Although from what I heard so far nvidia are more responsive in this matter.

Trilandian

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014

I tried, but the Nvidia tech support site referred me to Gigabyte's tech support.

Apparently, they only give direct support to people who bought their cards at Best Buy.

Trilandian

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014

No. What would be the point? Even if it did somehow work, it'd just screw up something else.

I'll just wait for better DSR support in one of the next driver versions, along with MFAA support for SLI.

Guess this is what I get for early adoption...

I'm not complaining, mind, they're great cards, but I just figured they'd be able to do everything they were advertised with straight out of the box.

Does 344.48 problematic on your card? Anyway I do think we as customer do 'beta test' any new feature coming from nvidia and AMD. the are millions of PC configuration out there. So no matter how rigorous their QA are there bound to be problem on some configuration. That's why nvidia made official driver feedback thread in their forum. Same as AMD. Although from what I heard so far nvidia are more responsive in this matter.

Solution