nvidia + freesync

Jul 31, 2018
im buying a gtx 1070 ti and a freesync monitor, but over at reddit i read that they are not compaible at all, is this true? should i just save money and buy a non freesync monitor? (cant a afford a g sync one)

Solution
They are not compatible in the sense that you will not be able to enable the freesync technology, but it would otherwise work fine. I would consider buying one based on all the other specs and pricing. Freesync doesn't add to the cost of a monitor the way gsync does.

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
They are not compatible in the sense that you will not be able to enable the freesync technology, but it would otherwise work fine. I would consider buying one based on all the other specs and pricing. Freesync doesn't add to the cost of a monitor the way gsync does.

Solution
I'm noticing most of the high refresh monitors marketed as gaming monitors that aren't G-SYNC are FreeSYNC. FreeSYNC is just a subset of the DisplayPort specs and doesn't really cost anything to implement. So while nVidia refuses to support FreeSYNC you will still benefit from the higher refresh rates that these monitors provide.