Question Nvidia fx 5800

Jan 17, 2020
Hello,
I'm new here and for this kind of questions ....
So I had a server with an ati Radeon HD5450 but it doesn't meet the requirement for my games ... So i got my self an Nvidia Quadro FX5800 with 4G ram which looks really fine for me at first but sadly when I got all think installed I saw that it can't run mostly anything new ... which was a surprise for me and even inexplicable as all that games I was able to lunch them with the older graphic card but the powerfull ones they don't even lunch (because it doesn't support DX11 or other things).
So my questions
-Did I make a wrong choice choosing that video card ?
-If I can combine both card in my mother Board will it held with something ? (I heard that I can cross fire AMD+NVIDEA)

Remeca

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
You bought a workstation graphics card, good for computation, rendering, multi monitors, etc., not so much gaming. You can not run dual and+Nvidia. 2 AMD is called crossfire, 2 Nvidia is called sli. Neither are worth doing these days any more. As for a new suggestion, list your full system specs and budget.

Jan 17, 2020
Don't know what exactly info do you need exactly so here you go :
HP Z600 processor : intel xeon 2.4,2.4(2 processors) 16G RAM 2T SDD+SDD
Win10 64bit
small budget.
So this one had to go to garbage and go back to the old one ?

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
Yeah the card has no real 3D performance, so for gaming it's no use. You could still try to sell it tho, it's still worth a bit.
What's the full name of your CPU's? Your previous gpu is really really bad, so an upgrade is still possible.

Jan 17, 2020
Also why I can't even lunch them while they could be lunched in the older one but working poorly or semi good when reducing the video quality ?
also I tried an old game (BLUR) it work fine and seems even show better than it was in the old one.

Jan 17, 2020
f.e PES 2020 worked in the older one when I put a very low video preferences ... but now with the quadro it start and lagging right there even can't start a game.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts