Nvidia Game Ready Driver Updated For 'Deus Ex', 'Battlefield', 'Quantum Break', 'WoW' Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

In order to install it properly under Windows 10 one must unplug network cable, uninstall existing drivers, reboot, install new drivers, reboot, plug network cable in.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

Run DDU (display driver cleaner).
There's a function in that tool that disabled Windows from updating the graphics driver on you.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Why would you need to "unplug network cable, uninstall existing drivers, reboot, install new drivers, reboot, plug network cable in"? Isn't the "GeForce Experience" program from your system tray supposed to install it properly?

And why on Windows 10? Is this supposed to be a Windows 10 issue? What are you talking about?

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

The automatic updates in Windows 10 push a driver as soon as you uninstall an older driver.
The windows update driver is out of date and prevents new drivers from installing correctly.

WildCard999

Titan

There's an easier way.

http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

IndyChief

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
I just upgraded without incident. I didn't need to uninstall, unplug, etc. Just ran the EXE. Windows 10 Pro A.U.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
You know this Update your Driver non-sense is really annoying,
look at PS4 / Xbox One those receive updates 1-4times a year and I'm pretty sure they run on fixed drivers for their GPU !

Status
Not open for further replies.