Nvidia Geforce 1080ti poor graphics quality

x86overclock

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
I have a Nvidia Asus ROG Geforce GTX 1080ti have all of my settings maxed out and I noticed in many games that colors look washed and is missing alot of detailed textures in many games I've played. I also have a XFX Radeon Fury X but when playing the same games on that the graphics quality looks so much better on the Radeon than my Geforce. I have switched monitors around I have switched cards around in both of my Rigs I used DDU for a clean install of the latest GeForce drivers and my Geforce graphics still look like crap. Is something wrong with my card?

It's likely that you may have tweaked your color settings with your old card in its dedicated control panel. If you downloaded the right drivers, it should have also installed Nvidia control panel. Tweak the color settings there. You could also use DDU to do a wipe and clean install of your graphics drivers. As a note, DDU should be used carefully and I suggest you read all of the details before using it.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from x86overclock : "1080ti Poor Graphics Performance"

Since it is a new graphics card, there is always the possibility that it is a defective card. The graphics driver is the next thing to investigate. Down load and install the graphics driver from the geforce.com website (don't use the Windows device manager to update the driver).

The next thing to look at is the resolution and monitor settings. If you have multiple monitors, always select the monitor with the best resolution and refresh rate as the primary monitor. Then duplicate that to the other monitors. For example if you select a 1080P 60 Hz monitor as the primary monitor, the the secondary monitor will be limited to those settings even if the secondary monitor is a 1440P 144 Hz monitor.

The monitor may have a driver (other than the generic) and color profiles. The monitor may also need to be reset. To do that remove the power cord and monitor cable for 30 seconds or so. Then reconnect and start as normal. Use the DisplayPort or DVI-D dual link for best results.

x86overclock

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
I went to my friend's house he has a EVGA 980ti and we ran our rigs side by side with my 1080ti and my Fury X. It must be an Nvidia thing because his EVGA 980ti and my 1080ti look the same side by side. When I put the Fury X in he was shocked by how much better it looked.