NVidia Geforce 2MX Recent Drivers

G

Okay so has any one tried the Devastator 3 update? For the GeForce 2 MX? This blasted update freezes my system up tighter than an Eskimo in an ice cube (I love Eskimo's as much as any one, disclaimer... disclaimer... disclaimer...) Any way... Presario 5000 Compaq (please no boo's and hisses) AMD Duran 750, 192megs memory, etc... etc... Completely locks up system requiring a power cycle in order to bring it back up when I play Unreal Tournament or run my 12x DVD player. I revert back to the original drivers that were shipped and the system works fine... was just hoping for some improved performance. Any one got any idea's about this or comments? Any comments about the Devestator 3 Driver pack update?

"If at first you don't succeed... Dude go back to sleep, it wasn't worth it any way"

G

You and I have basically the same problem. I was upgrading a Compaq 5WV527 series computer for my in law.
If I can remember exactly it has:
Duron 700
128MB PC100
WinME (I hate it)
Vanta 8MB video card.

I tried installing a CardExpert Geforce2 MX with its original dirvers. Everything goes well until you try to play a game. It FREZZES when he plays UT and Rogue Spear. I Downloaded the Detonator 3 and 2 drivers but it still gives me the same problems. Unfortunatelly I cant set the AGP to 2 or 4X. Im assuming its done automatically. The last resort was to put back the original video card and it works fine with Rogue spear but its a diferent story with UT. I dont know what the problem is, Im thinking its Compaq or ME. If you have any ideas let me know. Thanks