Nvidia Geforce 555m severe malfunction, Bluescreen of death, videogame issues

zeroghost26

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
Hello, i dont know if this matters, but id like everyone to know that this is my first thread.
ive read a lot of people having issues with nvidia cards causing bluescreens, and i am one of them.

Start
It started around march, but less severe. it would tell me that the nvidia card stopped working and recovered. 4 months later and it rarely happens, instead, it goes right to the BSOD telling me that it timed out and failed to recover.

Fixes
ive tried about every fix possible, from downloading drivers manually, to downloading them through geforce experience. Downloading old drivers and uninstalling current ones. reinstalling them dozens of times, enabling and disabling and all of that. Idk how to change the voltage, ive heard that helps, but im using the same cable i got from my supplier and it worked fine since i got it. idk what overclocking is or how it works, and i dont know if that will help. idk how to check if my BIOS is updated or anything else, but i think that an update for the BIOS would help. however, ive read that Medion doesnt update their BIOS or rarely, in which case i may or may not be in a pickle
literally halfway through writing this thread, i downloaded some drivers from their website regarding the graphic cards, both nvidia and integrated. i will update if i see a change. I dont have a fancy Anti-Virus programm, but with the ones ive tried nothing was detected, so i doubt its that. Ive even had to factory reset it twice, for various reasons, once to clear it out and once i believe was related to the graphics card failing

Description
What generally happens is that my computer runs a little slow, and games start getting certain discolorations like by tearing, in pixels or overlapping and this sometimes ends up sorting itself out, the driver times out and recovers or it just goes to the BSOD. Sometimes it happens before starting or even looking at the game (e.g right after minecraft launches, im usually at a different tab because it takes a while, and bam, BSOD) my driver would also not update properly or stop functioning in the longterm. Ive pushed the problem away by just disabling it in the Device Manager and using my integrated graphics. Less fps of course, but stable. Certain games worked and were unhindered, but for example by playing Just Cause 2, it was much slower, and minecraft bluescreened, which is when i decided to fix it once and for all, not just update the driver

Specs

my specs are as following:
Manufacturer: Medion
Model: Erazer X6815 Series
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System type: 64- bit Operating System
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT555M 2GB

Thanks in advance for any solutions that you may have for me, lets hope that this is not a hardware issue and just a fault in my laptops setup. Because i didnt do anything to it to make it happen.

Solution
It seems like a hardware error to me. If you had a BIOS update i think you may be fine but to me it seems like your 555m is at it's end, i mean it is failing. If that laptop is under warranty i suggest immediately sending it. As far as you haven't done anything it happens mobility graphic card like these tend to fail after heavy gaming cause of the temps and some other reasons too. That is why i don't suggest laptop for gaming even not alienware.

goku1234567890

Distinguished
It seems like a hardware error to me. If you had a BIOS update i think you may be fine but to me it seems like your 555m is at it's end, i mean it is failing. If that laptop is under warranty i suggest immediately sending it. As far as you haven't done anything it happens mobility graphic card like these tend to fail after heavy gaming cause of the temps and some other reasons too. That is why i don't suggest laptop for gaming even not alienware.

Solution