Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 video files not playing

Imnotyerr Father

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Hello,
I have a very simple computer that needs not to be a gaming computer but rather an entertainment machine. I use it mostly through watching a lot of series and, one day, the media players won't play my videos anymore and the aero transparency isn't showing either. In addition to that, WEI doesn't even complete its assessment showing an error of "not being able to compute the computer's index because of playback issues. I made a run through the internet and zeroed in that the problems occur because of a faulty graphics card. I seriously don't know the difference between a video and a graphics card, a total noob, for that matter. And also, this might help you, but it all started when I opened my computer one morning and it redirected me to BIOS. The thing I did there was setting the date and time and continued to the "starting windows" interface. After that, I updated the drivers of GeForce 6150 but still, the problem still persists. Then I found one solution for this saying I need to downgrade it to the Standard VGA and did it. It kinda helped me, and played the videos though the screen resolution is too small for the monitor itself and it kinda stretched its way, lol. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

P.S With all due respect, I'm not really a gamer so I have no need of upgrading :)

thetechy

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
Try visiting Nvidia website and download/install latest graphics driver for your system. The old graphics driver are probably corrupt and a cause of this issue. If it doesn't work, try completely removing the old nvidia drivers first and then install latest drivers.

Imnotyerr Father

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
if i completely uninstall the drivers, would it revert back to the standard VGA or would it have display issues?
anyway, i have the disc for the card, you think the driver from the disc will do?