NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ SLI Flickering

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kshawkeye

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
Hi, I have two NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ cards in SLI, so far I love them, other then my flickering problem.

When I load a game, (Crysis for example) the texures/skybox/trees/lights flicker here and there. When I load the map everything starts fine, then I will move around a bit, and once some stress is put on the cards the frame rate drops, and then the flickering problem starts.

It can happen when I walk into another room, or when I go from outside to inside, or inside to outside. The flickering doesn't stop either, unless I stay still and don't move, till it seems to work through the problem, but this solution doesn't always work. The flickering is best described as flashing, the walls or lights or whatever it is just keeps blinking.

I read somewhere that it might be a SLI bridge problem, yet my SLI bridge is brand new, and I've tried to flip it and switch it every way possible and the problem still occurs. I also read that it might be related to drives, which I have uninstall and installed but no go. I'm using driver version 258.96 from NVIDIA which is the latest that are out right now.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (if anyone needs to know). I even tried to uninstall and install all of Crysis again, and patch it up to 1.21 yet that didn't work.

Any help would be great, thanks.

kshawkeye

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
SLI works just fine, other than the flickering, the performance is increased a bunch. My OS MIGHT be the problem, but unlikely, seeing that it is a somewhat new OS and perhaps isn't fully supported yet.

Like I said both 9800 GTX+ cards are brand new, and so is my motherboard and my SLI bridge, and both work, I am sure about that.