Discussion NVIDIA GeForce claims something ‘SUPER’ is coming. *off topic*

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Hello,

I just wanted to share this, so that's why I'm creating a general discussion Topic. Anyways, VideoCardz just posted an article, and according to the leaked info, it looks like NVIDIA has some surprise announcement to make at Computex. What do you guys think ?

A refresh of the TURING GPUs, or maybe a new RTX TITAN might be in the works ? I'm more inclined towards the former. On May 27th NVIDIA is holding a press conference. It is quite likely that we will hear more about this ‘product’ then. Btw, according to Wccftech, refresh Turing GPUs might get released as well

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-claims-something-super-is-coming

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...-cards-16-gbps-memory-tackle-amd-radeon-navi/

View: https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1131575511833022465

Thanks for reading. :)

Last edited:
More and More leaks on this SUPER lineup

New chip: the NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti SUPER exists and will be an absolute beast of a card. Even the NVIDIA RTX 2070 Ti SUPER 8GB exists, according to WCCFtech. But just now, even VideoCardz has confirmed this, so it's LEGIT.

It is said that SUPER series will receive faster memory and a core count bump across the series. This time around NVIDIA is not launching a new GeForce series (RTX 3080 etc), but instead, existing SKUs will receive a SUPER postfix. That said new GeForce will simply be called RTX 2080 SUPER. NVIDIA Turing Refresh is becoming a reality.

https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/

Last edited:
Reactions: SgtScream
They always cut prices. They did it with the 1000 series. That's business.
I don't remember they ever revisiting the original MSRPs though. Are you 100% sure on that? Whenever AMD lowers the prices, they do update their MSRP guidance, but I don't recall nVidia doing it, ever.

As for the leak. Although I find the "super" moniker kind of dumb on its own, it works like a charm and I'll give them that. My Dragon Ball Z inner fanboi approves of such marketing, haha.

Cheers!

I don't remember they ever revisiting the original MSRPs though. Are you 100% sure on that? Whenever AMD lowers the prices, they do update their MSRP guidance, but I don't recall nVidia doing it, ever.

As for the leak. Although I find the "super" moniker kind of dumb on its own, it works like a charm and I'll give them that. My Dragon Ball Z inner fanboi approves of such marketing, haha.

Cheers!
The gtx 1080 was $699 msrp back when it first came out. Then the 1080 TI was released for the same price and the graphics cards below it were lowered by roughly $200 two years ago. This time they are doing the same thing but releasing the super series.

They always cut prices. They did it with the 1000 series. That's business.

that did not always happen. when nvidia launch 980ti to the market there is no price cut on 980 nor 970. we might see some deal or discount in some retailer but to see official price cut you can say it is rare for nvidia. but to me it is not really about that price cut. one thing you can count on nvidia is they will always try not to let AMD to get better profit for themselves.

They did it last year and with this years inflated prices on the RTX line, I knew this was going to happen again, however I didn't anticipate the super line of cards.

the thing with nvidia is they will always try to pressure AMD financial wise but doing price cut is not the only way they can apply pressure on AMD. more often and not nvidia also put very competitive MSRP from the very beginning forcing AMD to respond with price cut but nvidia never retaliate back with that price cut. for nvidia their goal is always to reduce AMD profit margin. for the long term this will make it harder for AMD to finance their R&D. we really saw this kind of effect to AMD during pascal vs vega/polaris generation. during maxwell generation AMD can still get toe to toe with nvidia flagship (980ti) with fury X. but with pascal generation vega is very far from reaching 1080ti performance.

but now things has change since AMD now once again very competitive in CPU space and overtime they will get better and better revenue to better finance their R&D. nvidia will not going to wait until AMD is fully competitive once again on GPU to take action. they will take their action now; even when they already own over 80% discrete GPU market for themselves.

In fact, adding to what renz is saying, I really see no reason for nVidia to drop their prices. At all in fact. AMD is not undercutting nVidia's current line up by a significant amount. Even worse, an effective price difference of ~$50 for non-reference models is laughable when the new AMD cards have very little to offer over the RTX siblings; I would imagine they'll leave the street prices as they are and just put the "super" RTX cards slightly above MSRP for the "regular" RTX ones.

Don't get me wrong here as I'd love for AMD to have a solid offering, but I'm just not seeing it with the Navi siblings at this point in time with the suggested MSRP. Plus, as a consumer, I can't say a ~$350 card is mainstream anymore. I have zero clue what is driving the prices to be soaring like that, but thinking back, ATI and nVidia DID get sued for price fixing back in the past. I just hope AMD and nVidia don't have a nasty deal under the table for this... Fat chance, but there's precedent.

EDIT: OOF
View: https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1138716451290918913

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: febisfebi

New chip: the NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti SUPER exists and will be an absolute beast of a card. Even the NVIDIA RTX 2070 Ti SUPER 8GB exists, according to WCCFtech. But just now, even VideoCardz has confirmed this, so it's LEGIT.

It is said that SUPER series will receive faster memory and a core count bump across the series. This time around NVIDIA is not launching a new GeForce series (RTX 3080 etc), but instead, existing SKUs will receive a SUPER postfix. That said new GeForce will simply be called RTX 2080 SUPER. NVIDIA Turing Refresh is becoming a reality.

Dang it! I just bought an EVGA 2080ti XC Ultra! Now I gotta see if I can return it.

I have zero clue what is driving the prices to be soaring like that, but thinking back, ATI and nVidia DID get sued for price fixing back in the past. I just hope AMD and nVidia don't have a nasty deal under the table for this... Fat chance, but there's precedent.

having engage in many discussion over the years it seems many people did not aware this ever happen in the past (i think they got sued in 2010?). nvidia always try to make life a bit more harder for AMD but when they going crazy with RTX price and AMD did not want to take advantage of that opportunity....that's why when jensen mock R7 i was thinking all that is just for the public show while in reality both are working together again to get better profit for both company hahaha

btw that tweet...i assume that's from nvidia leak slides?

Last edited:
having engage in many discussion over the years it seems many people did not aware this ever happen in the past (i think they got sued in 2010?). nvidia always try to make life a bit more harder for AMD but when they going crazy with RTX price and AMD did not want to take advantage of that opportunity....that's why when jensen mock R7 i was thinking all that is just for the public show while in reality both are working together again to get better profit for both company hahaha

btw tweet...i assume that's from nvidia leak slides?
No idea where it is from; I just grabbed it randomly as it caught my eye, lol.

If those are true, then Navi wasn't able to beat the perf/watt of the Tesla siblings even with a full node advantage. That's just... Ugh...

Cheers!

david_the_guy

BANNED
May 11, 2019

Goddamn ! So many refreshes !

febisfebi

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
How are EVGA 1660ti cards on sound? I am thinking of doing the Evga step up program in order to avoid the nvidia amd hype game. HTPC so noise is a little important, especially for the mundane task such as watching a video. I have been looking at Gigabyte cards for this reason. I would like the 2060-super or whatever, but if their price drops are as some predict ($250) the the new 2060-super could actually be cheaper than the 1660ti was(~$279) What happens if the card you want to upgrade to costs less than the card you originally bought? might have to get a 1660 vanilla just to make sure its less if that is going to be a problem :/

edit: sp. Found the answer to the step up. Still curious about EVGA cards. They seem a little expensive
"What happens when I Step-Up to a cheaper product?

You will only have to pay for the return shipping at the time of paying for your Step-Up. EVGA will not credit you the difference."

Last edited:
Joker said later in this video that the performance bump would only be 3-5%. If that's the case I wouldn't flip out. If you already have a 2080 ti and you're rocking 1440p or lower resolutions (i don't know why you would rock 1080p with this card) you won't even see/feel the difference at that point. This isn't to screw over RTX owners, it's to screw over AMD Navi. It's called business.

Apr 19, 2019

I'm confused - do they have "RTX 2070 Ti SUPER" and "RTX 2070 SUPER", or just one or the other? The lack of a 2070 Ti at the present time makes me think the 2070 Ti SUPER in addition to the 2070 SUPER would be somewhat redundant (there's only so much market space between 2070 and 2080 - so adding a 2070 SUPER and 2070 Ti SUPER in that space would be... interesting). One thing they may be considering is placing 2070 SUPER at Navi 5700 XT levels, and the 2070 Ti SUPER between Navi 5700 XT and 2080.

What I'm curious about is how the entire stack ends up price-wise.

I'm confused - do they have "RTX 2070 Ti SUPER" and "RTX 2070 SUPER", or just one or the other? The lack of a 2070 Ti at the present time makes me think the 2070 Ti SUPER in addition to the 2070 SUPER would be somewhat redundant (there's only so much market space between 2070 and 2080 - so adding a 2070 SUPER and 2070 Ti SUPER in that space would be... interesting). One thing they may be considering is placing 2070 SUPER at Navi 5700 XT levels, and the 2070 Ti SUPER between Navi 5700 XT and 2080.

What I'm curious about is how the entire stack ends up price-wise.

we need to wait until the real thing starts rolling. so far we only hear rumor and leaks no matter how legit they were. everything is not final yet.

TRENDING THREADS