Discussion NVIDIA GeForce claims something ‘SUPER’ is coming. *off topic*

Hello,

I just wanted to share this, so that's why I'm creating a general discussion Topic. Anyways, VideoCardz just posted an article, and according to the leaked info, it looks like NVIDIA has some surprise announcement to make at Computex. What do you guys think ?

A refresh of the TURING GPUs, or maybe a new RTX TITAN might be in the works ? I'm more inclined towards the former. On May 27th NVIDIA is holding a press conference. It is quite likely that we will hear more about this ‘product’ then. Btw, according to Wccftech, refresh Turing GPUs might get released as well

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-claims-something-super-is-coming

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...-cards-16-gbps-memory-tackle-amd-radeon-navi/

View: https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1131575511833022465

Thanks for reading. :)

Last edited:
Yes, I know RTX TITAN already exists, but who knows Nvidia might make another TITAN variant ? This is what comes to my mind though, about Nvidia teasing a new hardware::

A SUPERpowered RTX 2080 Ti with 16Gbps memory, or perhaps a new RTX model with a larger allotment of CUDA cores? Maybe a new way to utilize the RTX series' Tensor cores for AI enhanced gaming, or maybe a superpowered enterprise graphics card to replace the Volta-powered Titan V and Quadro GV100 ????

david_the_guy

BANNED
May 11, 2019
damn...more of these rtx cards ? they are again going to be overpriced. AMD better step up their game, because Nvidia will keep on pushing new tech, and AMD is still on Navi, which hasn't been released yet.

I bet this is a countermove from Nvidia, since the upcoming navi cards are going to come out soon.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, I know RTX TITAN already exists, but who knows Nvidia might make another TITAN variant ? This is what comes to my mind though, about Nvidia teasing a new hardware::

A SUPERpowered RTX 2080 Ti with 16Gbps memory, or perhaps a new RTX model with a larger allotment of CUDA cores? Maybe a new way to utilize the RTX series' Tensor cores for AI enhanced gaming, or maybe a superpowered enterprise graphics card to replace the Volta-powered Titan V and Quadro GV100 ????
Superpowered RTX 2080ti? EVGA Kingin RTX 2080ti is your answer. Checked it out on Gamers' Nexus, and it is a beast of a card, but it fills a very small niche.
And unless Nvidia can get those tensor cores to smoothly run past 1080p, I likely won't be too impressed with w/e they throw out.
Sorry that I appear to be hating on the ray tracing tech. I get that for new innovations to be widely adopted, SOME ONE has to start it - though, ray tracing isn't new by any means. I feel they should've kept it on R & D for a little longer - launch 16 series first to satisfy the antsy consumers, then RTX 20 later, and it likely wouldn't have turned out to be the disappointment it is today.

damn...more of these rtx cards ? they are again going to be overpriced. AMD better step up their game, because Nvidia will keep on pushing new tech, and AMD is still on Navi, which hasn't been released yet.

I bet this is a countermove from Nvidia, since the upcoming navi cards are going to come out soon.
I believe the 2060 is fairly priced. It's also has the best price/performance among the 20 series. There's also the alternate 1660ti, but I feel the value on that card is actually worse than it's 20 'twin'. The other cards in their lineup are a complete joke.
Nvidia is working with a much larger budget than AMD, they can afford to do such things... and then there's Intel coming 'round the corner, also 'bigger' than AMD...

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Sorry that I appear to be hating on the ray tracing tech. I get that for new innovations to be widely adopted, SOME ONE has to start it - though, ray tracing isn't new by any means

I agree with you on this, and I fully understand your point of view as well. That's also correct, someone had to start with RTX, and NVIDIA was the first to bring this to consumer GPUs (hardware level support that is). I think AMD's next-gen ARCTURUS Architecture would be the first to fully support ray tracing on the Hardware level (consumer GPUs), but nothing is certain about AMD's roadmap.

And yes, ray tracing isn't new though.

IMO, apart from all the above factors, it seems we are basically paying an "early adopter" price for this new Turing tech/hardware, hence the premium. I know Nvidia has totally changed the GPU arch as well, with the addition of new RT and Tensor Cores, and other design/pipeline improvements (memory/cache) etc.

But to take proper advantage of this hardware, very few games and software are currently out in the market. So basically the hardware won't get fully utilized (if we think from this perspective).

Also, how well some of the upcoming Games will actually perform on a TURING GPU, with Real time ray tracing and DLSS, still remains to be seen. I think it will take at least another 2-3 years for this whole RTX technology to become mainstream. As of now, few PC titles are going to take full advantage of this new RTX feature, provided Game developers also adopt and implement ray tracing, and DLSS deep learning AA in games as well.

Still, it's good to see new Tech being released. With time things might settle down a bit, and the performance gain might be there when DLSS and Ray Tracing features are enabled.

david_the_guy

BANNED
May 11, 2019
I believe the 2060 is fairly priced. It's also has the best price/performance among the 20 series. There's also the alternate 1660ti, but I feel the value on that card is actually worse than it's 20 'twin'. The other cards in their lineup are a complete joke.

I respetcfully disagree. IMO, all these TURING cards are way much overpriced, including the 2060, and in some countries the price is even higher than the US. The GTX 1660 Ti is a good video card, at least gamers can afford to buy one.

When is this new architecture actually coming ? any ideas ??

NOT anytime soon. Most probably in the first quarter 2021, or it might even get delayed, if AMD's roadmap is anything to go by. Next year AMD will launch the high-end NAVI 10 GPUs, so Arcturus is nowhere to be found on the roadmap. NAVI would be the last refined GCN architecture though.

Only after the full launch of NAVI cards is over, AMD can think of making a new architecture.

david_the_guy

BANNED
May 11, 2019
NOT anytime soon. Most probably in the first quarter 2021, or it might even get delayed, if AMD's roadmap is anything to go by. Next year AMD will launch the high-end NAVI 10 GPUs, so Arcturus is nowhere to be found on the roadmap. NAVI would be the last refined GCN architecture though.

Only after the full launch of NAVI cards is over, AMD can think of making a new architecture.

OK...thanks for clarifying this...what a bummer btw.

Well.....I do stick with EVGA's implementation of the nVidia product line....at least I get consolation of stellar customer service for my bucks.

Yeah...the 2080s are a bit on the steep-side, but the 2070s are easier on my wallet; though, I might actually pull the trigger on a 2080 that has been sitting in my Amazon shopping cart for a few months. I still have to convince myself that it's going to be worth it.

Maybe I'll stuff it into the "Save for Later" category and see where the price goes later-on in the year; since I still have to replace the calipers all the way around the car before Summer gets into full swing.

Reactions: lux1109

lux1109

Reputable
BANNED
Apr 30, 2019
Well.....I do stick with EVGA's implementation of the nVidia product line....at least I get consolation of stellar customer service for my bucks.

Agree on that. EVGA offers much better customer service though. I've seen a lot of guys actually going for evga, instead of asus, Msi, zorac etc.

As we know TSMC makes Nvidia GPU's
Maybe they have finally started to get their 7nm shrink on :)

Nah, Nvidia is in no hurry to jump on the 7nm process NODE, since their current 12-nm lineup of GPUs are still going strong. AMD has been unable to compete with NVIDIA at least in high-end GPU market.

Despite the Radeon VII was based on the same 7nm silicon lithography as the Radeon MI50 and MI60, it barely competes with the RTX 2080, is some graphic demanding games, if not all.

So, I don't think NVIDIA is ready to jump on the 7nm bandwagon at this time of year, IMO. Anyways, some slight update on this TOPIC. Looks like Tweaktown has some more details on top of the leak (read: rumor, not confirmed!), and according to them, we should expect not two but three new variants in the NVIDIA SUPER lineup. The new cards will slot in the positioning of the current RTX 2060, 2070 and 2080 and will feature considerably faster GDDR6 memory as well as faster clock rates.

The higher clocked memory as well as core clocks should allow the cards to be faster than their predecessors. Depending on how much of a clock delta NVIDIA is able to achieve, it could be anywhere from 5% to 15%. More details can be found under these links:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6609...ed-geforce-rtx-2060-2070-2080-soon/index.html

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-super-l...riants-with-100-off-msrp-and-souped-up-gddr6/

to be honest i'm not sure if nvidia will adopt TSMC 7nm process. there are talks about nvidia will used more refined 7nm process (some called it 6nm+ i think) or they could end up making specific 7nm process that is unique to their architecture only like how it did with 12nm FFN. in recent earnings nvidia mentions how they will not going to use regular process that everyone use but instead will work with foundry to create one that will work best for what they need it to be.

about "super" i have few speculation. maybe they can do a bit of "refreshing" to current 20 series like many have speculated but i don't really think that needs big hype from nvidia. when nvidia update pascal with faster memory there is no fun fare at all. so there probably more than just giving better memory and faster clock speed to existing 20 series line up. if we are going to see new GPU nvidia might release something that is faster than 2080ti. and not just slightly faster but noticeably faster than 2080ti. think something about 25% to 35% faster than 2080ti. many believe 2080ti will be nvidia fastest gaming GPU for the entire turing life time because the way nvidia named the card as 2080ti. but consistently nvidia did bring at least 25% to 30% performance increase every year. the 2080ti might end up being nvidia fastest gaming turing but if we looking at nvidia trend over the years it is not totally impossible for nvidia to come out with something that at least 25% faster than 2080ti this year. nvidia probably are getting themselves ready for AMD architecture change. if AMD sacrifice compute and go all out on pure gaming architecture they can be very competitive vs nvidia. remember Evergreen vs Fermi? that is gaming architecture (evergreen) vs compute architecture (fermi).

another thing that i can think of is "super" will be not a graphic card at all. but instead it will be nvidia new proprietary solution for gamer that will bring something completely new to the world of gaming. think something like when nvidia first unveil about Gsync. AMD might be able to counter it in the long run with something better (like Freesync) but for a while it might be an experience that you can only get from nvidia proprietary ecosystem.

No, it's a refreshed GPU for sure, new RTX cards.

nah as i said this is just my own speculation. plus what we heard so far is also a rumor not a definite fact. sometimes i do think the rumor that we heard are planted intentionally by GPU maker to misled the on going speculation. this is what VCZ said:

According to VonGuru, NVIDIA is planning to launch new GeForce cards in early June. But hold your horses right here, because we have heard something completely different.

As far as we know there will be a private press event at E3, but we should not expect card announcements there. What is being brought as a potential date for new cards is, in fact, Gamescom in August.

there might be a new card after all....in August. but what will be that private press event at E3 will be about? will it stay private or will they going to make a surprise at E3 by making it public? i'm not saying we either got new GPU or something completely different. how about we get both? after all just another faster GPU will definitely a bit boring. this is what makes speculating fun: to speculate haha

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Okay....Check this out guys ! Any thoughts on this TI variant ? Is this a LEGIT leak, or a fake one ??

Some rumored specifications for NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 2070 Ti graphics card have appeared online. According to the specifications, we may be looking at a slight bump in core specs and frequencies but overall, we should expect a 10-15% jump in terms of performance over GeForce RTX 2070.

According to the rumor, NVIDIA is allegedly preparing a new graphics card for the GeForce 20 series known as the GeForce RTX 2070 Ti. Just from the name, we can confirm that this variant, rocking the TU104 GPU, will be faster than the RTX 2070 but slower than the RTX 2080.

View: https://twitter.com/kimi7kop/status/1135387274189844482

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-ti-rumor-2560-cuda-cores-8-gb-gddr6/