Discussion NVIDIA GeForce claims something ‘SUPER’ is coming. *off topic*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Hello,

I just wanted to share this, so that's why I'm creating a general discussion Topic. Anyways, VideoCardz just posted an article, and according to the leaked info, it looks like NVIDIA has some surprise announcement to make at Computex. What do you guys think ?

A refresh of the TURING GPUs, or maybe a new RTX TITAN might be in the works ? I'm more inclined towards the former. On May 27th NVIDIA is holding a press conference. It is quite likely that we will hear more about this ‘product’ then. Btw, according to Wccftech, refresh Turing GPUs might get released as well

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-claims-something-super-is-coming

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...-cards-16-gbps-memory-tackle-amd-radeon-navi/

View: https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1131575511833022465

Thanks for reading. :)

Last edited:
Me too...By the way, VideocardZ has been VERY slow in posting leaks and rumors these days. But yes, they always post solid/legit confirmed rumor, whenever they find one.

to some they are a bit slow but VCZ never the type that will put out any rumor just for the sake of having page click like WCCFTECH. this is the reputation that VCZ has that none other have. the reality is we saw less and less leak from VCZ because GPU maker becoming more and more clever in keeping their secret. that's why i tend to ignore most of the rumor from others.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
I'm expecting ZUPER security holes in their Geforce Experience stuff! Well, more of them.

I kid, I kid... Maybe...

I'm 90% sure it's a Titan X-something with a bazillion tensor cores and sold for $5K a pop. Or maybe a price drop! Nah, hell will freeze over before they do that.

Cheers!

Can we expect a dual GPU solution from Nvidia to compete against AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo?
I don't think nVidia will want or even needs to... Thinking about their core markets, it makes little sense, PCB-wise, to do so. AMD did it because Apple and their user-base of "smaller, better, faster", which i don't disagree on principle, but... Overkill sometimes is obvious.

For us consumer plebeians, there's really little need for another gen of dual cards as all that processing power is going to go wasted most of the time.

Cheers!

Can we expect a dual GPU solution from Nvidia to compete against AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo?

the last time nvidia made dual GPU was with kepler generation (titan Z). and then they make K80 to serve professional market to combat AMD S9150 at the time. the main reason for doing dual gaming GPU is more for marketing reason than being practical. the sole purpose is to claim that "fastest GPU in the world" crown. when you got the "fastest" GPU it create the image that your GPU is the best regardless of performance tier. long story short nvidia realize that the only one that matter is if you own "world's fastest single GPU". as long as you own that you will win the GPU race. for the pro market i don't know if nvidia still interested to make dual GPU. but i don't think nvidia interested in making 600w-800w monster on a single PCB. they were probably more interested offering custom solution with their proprietary NVlink which often regarded as much better solution than using PCI-E.

Some specs of the upcoming RTX SUPER GPUs have been leaked out...But take it with a grain of salt though, because WCCFtech mostly post clickbait articles...

The latest information comes from Chinese ‘Weibo’ forums where a user has posted what seems to be alleged specifications of at least three NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 ‘SUPER’ series cards. The three new graphics cards are said to be called NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, and the GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER.

The top of the stack in the ‘SUPER’ lineup seems to be the GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER which is going to feature the full TU104 GPU die known as TU104-450. The chip will feature 3072 CUDA cores, 8GB of GDDR6 VRAM running at 16 Gbps and a 256-bit bus. The most interesting part is probably the GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER that is said to feature the full TU106-410 GPU.

The difference between the current RTX 2060 & the Super one will not only be the higher core count of 2176 CUDA Cores but it is also rumored to feature a higher 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM along a 256-bit bus instead of 6 GB GDDR6 VRAM along a 192-bit bus. More details are under this topic..

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-super-graphics-cards-specs-launch-leak/

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanMattano

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
I've just built a new rig and i hate to say it, it could be my last :(. Googles streaming service is coming online shortly and this is only going to get more and more popular and then Amazon or whoever will make their service, before you know it consoles and PC's for gaming at least will become redundant which saddens me as i enjoy the builds and exploring new hardware. I suppose it's a sign of the times.

Oh, nVidia is leaving TSMC???

That is really news to me. Wow.

Cheers!

nvidia has been looking for other foundry for quite sometime. but most often TSMC is still the best for what they need. the talk about nvidia going to samsung is not new. i think it will not going to change much like what we have seen in the past. some parts might get manufactured by samsung (like GP107 in the past) but for their flagship chip nvidia might still end up using TSMC process.

Some specs of the upcoming RTX SUPER GPUs have been leaked out...But take it with a grain of salt though, because WCCFtech mostly post clickbait articles...

The latest information comes from Chinese ‘Weibo’ forums where a user has posted what seems to be alleged specifications of at least three NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 ‘SUPER’ series cards. The three new graphics cards are said to be called NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, and the GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER.

The top of the stack in the ‘SUPER’ lineup seems to be the GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER which is going to feature the full TU104 GPU die known as TU104-450. The chip will feature 3072 CUDA cores, 8GB of GDDR6 VRAM running at 16 Gbps and a 256-bit bus. The most interesting part is probably the GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER that is said to feature the full TU106-410 GPU.

The difference between the current RTX 2060 & the Super one will not only be the higher core count of 2176 CUDA Cores but it is also rumored to feature a higher 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM along a 256-bit bus instead of 6 GB GDDR6 VRAM along a 192-bit bus. More details are under this topic..

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-super-graphics-cards-specs-launch-leak/

i don't know how legit is this but the 2060 getting bump to 8GB of VRAM would be nice.

This is Nvidia's way of disguising a price drop so that they can add higher tier cards in the future, to make more money. They lowered prices with the 1000 series then added a 1080 ti. That's why i'm always going to wait it out, then purchase the previous gen highest tier card used, when the next series of cards release. I snagged a used 1080 ti for a great price right after the 2000 series launched and i'm glad I did due to the price inflation.

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
All I know is I'm going to feel super ripped off if the 2060 super ships with 8gb of video RAM for around the same price as the base 2060. In fact I kinda feel that way about the 9700k I bought in Nov now that the non-k sku is out and is $80 cheaper. I mean don't get me wrong being able to OC is great towards the EOL of a product, but it isn't worth almost $100. Next time I upgrade I'm going to wait for the latest and greatest non-k skus assuming I have not gone AMD. I guess the moral to the story here is it is best to wait about 8 months or so after a product is released as it often means you can get more bang for your buck.

All I know is I'm going to feel super ripped off if the 2060 super ships with 8gb of video RAM for around the same price as the base 2060. In fact I kinda feel that way about the 9700k I bought in Nov now that the non-k sku is out and is $80 cheaper. I mean don't get me wrong being able to OC is great towards the EOL of a product, but it isn't worth almost $100. Next time I upgrade I'm going to wait for the latest and greatest non-k skus assuming I have not gone AMD. I guess the moral to the story here is it is best to wait about 8 months or so after a product is released as it often means you can get more bang for your buck.
Some manufacturers like EVGA have a "step up" program.

I've just built a new rig and i hate to say it, it could be my last :(. Googles streaming service is coming online shortly and this is only going to get more and more popular and then Amazon or whoever will make their service, before you know it consoles and PC's for gaming at least will become redundant which saddens me as i enjoy the builds and exploring new hardware. I suppose it's a sign of the times.
I don't see that happening. I don't see how they can overcome the latency issues for smooth, enjoyable gaming.

Hi Guys. They are releasing new RTX card but are the old issue on RTX's fixed?

Are you talking about the Memory/VRAM issues on previous RTX cards, or some other thing ? Not sure though, but I think a new batch of chips from Nvidia has sorted out that problem. But in any case, there is no point in buying an older RTX card, when new refresh GPUs are just around the corner.

bernzkilot

Commendable
Feb 15, 2017
Are you talking about the Memory/VRAM issues on previous RTX cards, or some other thing ? Not sure though, but I think a new batch of chips from Nvidia has sorted out that problem. But in any case, there is no point in buying an older RTX card, when new refresh GPUs are just around the corner.

Yep. i got a friend who got his RTX 2070 a week ago and it just got space invaders and artifacting so i think this issue is not yet resolved by the suppliers. it was Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 btw. im not sure if it has micron or samsung memory tho.

no moral of the story is if you buy something then don't regret that you are not waiting for the next better thing that is cheaper and faster. this is the problem some people have. they want their purchase to be the best decision they made even against future product. just be happy with what you have. if you play the waiting game then you will always waiting for the next best thing and never buy anything. instead of enjoying the performance you let yourself have inferior or even outright bad performance because you're are waiting and waiting and waiting for the best deal.

Reactions: SgtScream