Question Nvidia Geforce Experience desktop capture does not work ?

salm2s

Honorable
Jul 21, 2017
Hi there,
I've been having this issue for a while but I decided to ask here because I can't seem to find a solution, so I'm hoping one of you guys could help me. I've been trying to use Geforce Experience overlay to do desktop capture. People will say make sure to enable the privacy control, and yes I have enabled it. The issue I'm having right now is that when I try to start recording, nothing happens. I click start and the icon doesn't turn green, indicating that the recording has started. Even with instant replay, it's the same deal. Only when I disable the privacy setting does Instant Replay turn on, but when I try to record it asks "Do you want to enable desktop capture in privacy settings", I proceed to click yes. Still to no avail, it just does not want to start. I've been trying to look for any log files that the overlay makes but I can't seem to find them. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place so hoping you guys could help me there as well. Anyways, the main issue is that recording will not start whatsoever. Do you guys have any ideas what's causing the issue?

Kind regards,
salm2s

salm2s

Honorable
Jul 21, 2017