Nvidia Geforce Experience not updating drivers

tamethegamer

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
So it says there are more recent drivers for my GPU and when i click express or custom install drivers (it doesn't matter which as it happens with both), it goes dim, the pointer turns into the processing circle and I can hear my HDD reading/writing. Then the window closes down. Then when I open it up again, it still says i have new drivers available???
I've had this problem for a while and have been putting off posting here or trying to find a fix but this is obviously not a good idea.
The drivers ready for updating is:
347.88 released 17/03/15

my driver version is 344.11.

My specs in case anyone was wondering:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/kierangooodson/saved/#view=MgPKHx

Solution

I agree with this and would also like to repeat above sentiments...

DO IT PROPERLY so as not to risk big problems. Use the guide he posted.

Pr3di

Honorable
I usually use this as a rule, so maybe it will work for you.
Always install the drivers manually, downloaded from the official website.
Whenever I tried to use an auto-updater or a driver sweeper, I ended up with more problems than in the beginning.

If you want to be sure that you do a good job, first uninstall the old driver, and then install the new one.
To properly uninstall the old driver, use this guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers

DasHotShot

Honorable

I agree with this and would also like to repeat above sentiments...

DO IT PROPERLY so as not to risk big problems. Use the guide he posted.

Solution

DasHotShot

Honorable

Think of it as replacing the gearbox in your car...you cna only have one.

Naturally one must go for the other.

Performance is tuned for the cards as time passes, as with an engine that gains power or revs it needs a better way to deliver this performance: an uprated gearbox, fine tuned.

The process happens automatically. Don't worry too much about it once you fix the issue this one time.

warinwarsa

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Nvidea Experience should be set to start with administrator rights.
you can do this by going to program files (X86) -> NVIDIA Corporation -> NVIDIA GeForce Experience and set both .exe files with with administrator rights by right cliking the files an going to the compatibility tab.
this work for me and some of my friends, this way you always know if your driver is up to date using the NVIDIA GeForce Experience application