News Nvidia GeForce G-Assist AI April Fool's joke may soon become a serious product

edzieba

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2016
Of course, there’s almost no way Nvidia would release such a product. Games today are laden with ways to stop cheating, and this sort of thing would likely get gamers banned from some of their favorite games.
AMD: Hold my beer!

voyteck

Reputable
Jul 1, 2020
One feature of the G-Assist could be useful, though

Actually, two would be useful, the second one being "help with hard bosses", which I consider a cancer of RPG/ open world gaming. That's why I stopped playing "Watch Dogs" and "The Witcher 2". Not because I couldn't possibly get past them, I just didn't want to try again and again. By the way, "The Witcher 3" wasn't any better, 'cause I called it a day when had to get through a 2-3 min half-interactive walking/talking scene simply to try a fight again without any possibility to save in the middle.

LabRat 891

Honorable
Apr 18, 2019
Not much longer until the question will come up:
If an AI is trained *entirely* off of you, and only you; does it represent you?
Would it be cheating to let it play for you?

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
An AI assistant for gaming is interesting.. it kinda just sounds like a cheat mode with extra steps.
If you don't want to play the game, just look up the cutscenes or gameplay footage online. You might find it more enjoyable to watch someone else play it online, too.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Not much longer until the question will come up:
If an AI is trained *entirely* off of you, and only you; does it represent you?
Would it be cheating to let it play for you?
The moment someone or something is playing for you, to me that falls into the definition of cheating. Put that into exam context, and I think it makes sense.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
An AI assistant for gaming is interesting.. it kinda just sounds like a cheat mode with extra steps.
If you don't want to play the game, just look up the cutscenes or gameplay footage online. You might find it more enjoyable to watch someone else play it online, too.
Then why play the game if you are not really playing the game? Won't it be easier just going to Youtube to watch someone playing instead as you said.

Reactions: adamboy64

Bamda

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2017
I would welcome a Copilot-style bot tailored for gaming. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask N-Bot for assistance with a game mission or quest.