[SOLVED] nvidia geforce gt 1030 needs to be connected to monitor

Apr 13, 2021
I have a question," Does it matter whether the graphics card is connected with the monitor?" Becausemy monitor is plugged into the motherboard and in my device manager it didn't show that there is another graphics card except the intel hd 4600 graphics. A few days ago I saw the nvidia gpu there but with code 45. So I uninstalled the device from the device manager and from there on I can't find it. And is 240W power supply enough for GT 1030 and i5-4590? Please help me because I am trying to solve this problem for a couple days.

When I saw that there is code 45 on my graphics card, I unistalled the device and when I restarted my pc it didn't show that I had a gpu at all

Last edited:
Solution
I have a question," Does it matter whether the graphics card is connected with the monitor?" Becausemy monitor is plugged into the motherboard and in my device manager it didn't show that there is another graphics card except the intel hd 4600 graphics. A few days ago I saw the nvidia gpu there but with code 45. So I uninstalled the device from the device manager and from there on I can't find it. And is 240W power supply enough for GT 1030 and i5-4590? Please help me because I am trying to solve this problem for a couple days.
Code 45 can sometimes mean the device needs to be removed from the system and reseated, but if it was actually code 43 it means it's usually faulty hardware. It's possible the GT 1030 is not properly...
Code 45 can sometimes mean the device needs to be removed from the system and reseated, but if it was actually code 43 it means it's usually faulty hardware. It's possible the GT 1030 is not properly seated in the PCIE slot. To have the system reinstall the GPU from the device manager, you would need to select your system at the top of the collapsible menu and then scan for hardware changes either from the monitor with magnifying glass icon or from the Action menu. Before you remove the GPU, check if it was a code 45 or actually code 43.

The GT 1030 is a 30-35watt GPU, which is less than half the max power available on a x16 PCIE slot, so assuming you have a slim small form factor PC case, 240watts is more than enough. Also you need to have your monitor plugged into the GT 1030 for it to be usable.

Solution
Apr 13, 2021
Code 45 can sometimes mean the device needs to be removed from the system and reseated, but if it was actually code 43 it means it's usually faulty hardware. It's possible the GT 1030 is not properly seated in the PCIE slot. To have the system reinstall the GPU from the device manager, you would need to select your system at the top of the collapsible menu and then scan for hardware changes either from the monitor with magnifying glass icon or from the Action menu. Before you remove the GPU, check if it was a code 45 or actually code 43.

The GT 1030 is a 30-35watt GPU, which is less than half the max power available on a x16 PCIE slot, so assuming you have a slim small form factor PC case, 240watts is more than enough. Also you need to have your monitor plugged into the GT 1030 for it to be usable.
I surely know that it's code 45