NVIdia GeForce GT635M 2GB running minecraft ?

digrs

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Hello ! I am new here!
I was reading this forums for like month and it helped me alot, and now i finally joined this community!
I have got a question, i am getting new laptop and i am superscared if it will run minecraft!
Please someone with similiar laptop setup or someone with experiences tell me if it will run minecraft at +60 fps at least ! Thank you very much , here is my laptop setup :

Intel® Core® i5-3210M s frekvenciou 2.5GHz 3 MB cache , dual core , 3.gen Ivy bridge
4 GB DDR3 1 600 MHz RAM (I am thinking about adding 4 more gb)
nVIdia GeForce GT635M 2GB
Windows 8 + 1Tb HDD 5400 rom

Please do not write things like "get something else" or "You should get this laptop www.xxx.net "
Thank you !

digrs

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

I cant afford desktop , its too expensive , laptop is very cheap and good! Todays laptop can do the same as desktop.

Scott -

I was just asking if this graphics card can handle minecraft 60 fps+ and i got my answer :)

digrs

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

What country ? I am moving out of there ...
When i wanted to get new desktop it cost me 474€ without GPU, OS . If i wanted desktop with GPU the price would be approx 618€ (not including OS). Then if i want to add OS it would cost me over 700€ !
I can find all of this inside one laptop wich i can carry around.
If it is possible tell me where can i find so "cheap" desktop wich can be 3 times better than laptop ...

RamshaL

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I guarantee you when playing in Far distance you get between 50 and 70 FPS.
If you play at normal distance view, you get over 100 FPS.

RamshaL

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Yes, but my CPU is weaker. But I've got 8GB of RAM, and the same graphic as you do.

digrs

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Thank you very much! I can start sleeping again :D !
I was super worried because i want to play MC so bad ...

Any country. Where are you from and how much you're paying for that laptop?

EDIT: From the way you pasted CPU model, I found out you're either Czech or Slovak. You can definitely build three times (or even more) powerful machine for 630 euros.

630eurosslovak.png

digrs

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

Well you are true I am from Slovakia and i forgot to delete the main sentence "s frekvenciou" :D
Hmm i am getting laptop for 619 € (http://www.nay.sk/lenovo-idea-pad-g580-156-i5-3210m-w859-355811/d-310296-c-1545/)
I got this laptot ordered , but i can still cancel it and go for desktop if you will help me choose :)

I would cancel it and have a second though of what you really want to get. You might decide to get a laptop, and that way you could always reorder it. But if I manage to convince you, then you aren't tied to getting a laptop.

How do you like the picture? It's from www.hej.sk (I've picked parts there). I suppose you're still missing a monitor (duh, you were getting a laptop). If you're interested, I could make it fit whatever budget you'd like, just tell me the price :).

digrs

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
I just want something for 630€ (I am already searching on hej.sk)
I want some good machine but idk what will be with monitor. I got one (one from wich i am writing to you) but colours are already litle shady and is old ...

Here's what I have managed to do:

650eurosslovak.png

It's 20 euros over your budget. I could fit the specified budget, but it would reduce the performance of the PC dramatically (around 30%). It would still, be miles ahead of the laptop, though!

digrs

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
I still dont know ... i will think about it. Next year I am going on high school (the one after elementary school) and laptop would come handly ...
I am going to play games like Minecraft , League of Legends , Don't Starve , Faster than light , some kind of MMO , AC3 , BF3 or CoD , Dead Island and upcoming Dead space 3 ... I think my curret laptop will handle all of these on medium at least because my friend got same laptop (just GPU was 610M) and it handled FC3 and BF on high smoothly). It would be difficult to cancel the order and my parents would not understand why and thing around it ... But dude you are one **** smartass :D.
Thank you very much for these things , and I will contact you in future for 100% if i would need help! I dont see people like you very often !
Like i said , i will think about it , because its not only for maximum enjoyment , its just for the feel that i can run something without lags (my current PC cant even work with skype on) , Why i prefer laptop ? Well i can carry it around. 100% in future after finishing high school i will get some desktop BEAST which will fullfit my dreams! :D Whoa ... can you please PM me your email adress ? I am 14 but I am nonstop on youtube<gmail<facebook

minelaier@gmail.com

AS i said thank you very much !

I would edit out the email address unless you want spam.

I wonder though, why/how would you need a laptop in highschool. I am studying computer science in university and I still don't need one.

Anyway, I respect your decision. As for giving my email address - I'm afraid I cannot do that. If you have any questions, just post them here, in the forum. I'm sure that even if I'm not available, some one will help you :).