Question NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanabiepepler

Prominent
Mar 17, 2023
Hello Toms Hardware Forumites. :D

I Have got a Hewlett Packard Z220 Convertible Mini Tower Workstation Desktop and intel Xeon E3-1270v2 CPU which is a 8 core. I Want to know do i have to get more 600 Watts Power Supply to be able to use The NVIDIA 1050 Ti ? :giggle: I Currently have 400 Watts Power Supply. The Desktop was given to me by Moms Friend who works in IT. It Already came With 400 Watts PSU I didn't Put in 400 Watts.

Thank You
Dean .

Last edited by a moderator:

shADy81

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
Thats an I7 3770K equivalent drawing around 130 watts for total system under CPU load. Paired with the 1050ti using about 75 W that should leave room on the 400W, providing the included PSU is in OK shape, which is always a question in a 10+ year old system.

Looks like if its this one its an ATX form model by Delta that can actually output 400W on the 12v rails, which is surprising. thats good.

I'd say it will probably work with the included PSU. Either way you dont need to buy anything more than 400-450 Watts for a 1050Ti with that system if you do replace it.

Reactions: boju

deanabiepepler

Prominent
Mar 17, 2023
Thats an I7 3770K equivalent drawing around 130 watts for total system under CPU load. Paired with the 1050ti using about 75 W that should leave room on the 400W, providing the included PSU is in OK shape, which is always a question in a 10+ year old system.

Looks like if its this one its an ATX form model by Delta that can actually output 400W on the 12v rails, which is surprising. thats good.

I'd say it will probably work with the included PSU. Either way you dont need to buy anything more than 400-450 Watts for a 1050Ti with that system if you do replace it.
No I wont Upgrade my PSU.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you have to look at the card itself for power needs.

most of the 1050 ti cards were 75w and did not use a separate power connection. however, some of the top end models that were overclocked and such did use a 6-pin from the psu. so you need to check the specific card for it's power needs.

the card you linked needs no extra power and would be fine for the pc. but for that price, i'd stay FAR away. anything over about $175 for a new card is too much for such an old gpu.

have you considered any other cards or is the 1050ti all you will consider?

deanabiepepler

Prominent
Mar 17, 2023
so i've been to @IT Vanderbijlpark or MetaVerse Computers vanderbijlpark and they tested my graphics card and system.

Unfortunately no one told me but the intel Xeon E3-1270v2 3.5 GHZ processor is NOT compatible with the 1050 Ti 4GB.
it will be too much of a bottleneck. so the cpu wont let the graphics card boot the system :sob:

rgd1101

Don't
so i've been to @IT Vanderbijlpark or MetaVerse Computers vanderbijlpark and they tested my graphics card and system.

Unfortunately no one told me but the intel Xeon E3-1270v2 3.5 GHZ processor is NOT compatible with the 1050 Ti 4GB.
it will be too much of a bottleneck. so the cpu wont let the graphics card boot the system :sob:
what? never heard of bootleneck so the cpu won't let the gpu boot the system

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Probably more likely a UEFI issue if anything. If there is a BIOS update for your motherboard, give that a try. Other times a UEFI GPU will only start working once an OS is loaded, so it may be necessary to use an older GPU to do initial setup and then swap in the newer GPU.

You have a nearly 12 year old CPU. Might be time to consider going up a few generations.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

There must be something lost in translation or understanding here. In no way is there a compatibility issue between this CPU and GPU. That is not an issue.

There may be an issue, but not this.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021

certain brand of 1050ti can work on older pc's. I have a 2600k pc which has a 1050ti, and it's the one I'm using to type this post. However, other 1050ti will not work, I've seen several threads in this forum of 1050ti not working on old pc. You just had the bad luck that yours won't work.

this is certainly not because of "bottleneck".

Status
Not open for further replies.