Question Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
I purchased this card less than a year ago and recently its begun occasionally blacking out and recovering its video with this message:
" Display Driver Stopped responding and has recovered, Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernal mode driver, version 418.91 stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I cannot predict when this will occur but it happens just often enough to cause concern. I have no pertinent errors in the event logs. I've tried removing the card from widows, uninstalling the driver, and going through the registry to ensure any references were removed prior to reinstalling. I've reseated the adapter and repeated the process. It didn't help.

I should add that Geforce experience cannot auto detect the GPU.

My system
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
32GB memory
I7-4790K water cooled CPU
4T Mirror with a 2T system partition
Antec Case with 5 fans
All drivers and SPs are current

Any help would be appreciated.

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
I once again removed any vestage of he video card and its drivers from my system and then retrieved the very latest update to the drivers. This problem persists.

I contacted PNY, the manufacturer since the adapter is less than 1 year old and they are less than helpful.

While this is not the most expensive video card (approx. $330) I'd really rather not have to shell out cash for something that should be stable and more than adequate for my needs.

Anyone?

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
idle temp is high, what the load temp?
I'm at my office now but I will monitor that once I get back to my personal system. 54C is high? I have two up upper case fans on low and have room for one more fan on the front of my Antec GX500 case. I suppose I can turn the two upper fans to high and add another to the front to see what impact that has on temp.

Thanks

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
After speaking directly with PNY, the manufacture, I am assured that the idle temp is normal. He sent me a link to Heaven Benchmark software and my card appears to be working perfectly albeit, in my opinion, hotter than it should. From this I have to conclude the issue is with Windows 7 and its mini-driver.

To be overcautious I'm adding an expansion slot dual fan just beneath my 1060. I'll be running a SFC on windows and may, if this keeps happening, have to swallow the castor oil a move to Win10.

Thank you for your help