Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Core Review: GF110 On A Diet

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Headspin_69

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
[citation][nom]SteveLord[/nom]Nvidia still has 1 thing ATI doesn't. CUDA. Valuable if you're into video editing.[/citation]
If you need a workstation card buy a workstation card but this is a gaming card so selling a gaming card as a professional card is bad marketing and just not the right way to be using this card LOL.

Headspin_69

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
[citation][nom]Headspin_69[/nom]The VRAM deals with texture and complete object pop in and not so much framerate if at all so with 2gb of VRAM @ 1080p you should see little if any pop ins with any game but I know for a fact 1gb and under will have pop ins @ 1680x1050 and higher resolution in some newer games like Skyrim and many more.[/citation]
The VRAM loads textures and objects into memory so you don't get pop ins and it will not increace framrate ever just make a better game play experience.

cleeve

Illustrious

At stock settings, the 6950 is the obvious value leader.

The BIOS mod is just a bonus, just like the 448-core's OC headroom.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
why didnt they just call it a 470 Ti or 470 OC? its essentially an overclocked version of the 470... same number of shaders and even same power plugs... just overclocked. So what was the point of this card again? Good review though.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
[citation][nom]jemm[/nom]GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Core is the same as the GeForce GTX 570, apart from few diferences in the Texture Units, Shader Cores and Full Color ROPs.[/citation]

Take a look at the 470 texture units and shader cores... then you'll understand my comment this card is essentially an OCed 470... but apparently someone thought that deserved to be voted down ... thanks who ever you are... stay classy.

I think its a good GPU to fill the gap between 560 Ti and 570, just if the price would come down a little. Honestly, since I prefer NVidia cards this would be a good buy if it was priced to compete against the 6950 1GB.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]Ok, here are the ingredients:- Short lived "special" video card- XMas season- Option to unlock/OC to the next tier- Limited quantityOk, this might not be in everybody's pleasure to read, but I think it's a sadistic way to get more green juice out of fanbois. This card will be at the GTX570 levels or more (price wise). Supply and demand tell me so.I don't know if we'll be able to recommend this card at all =/Cheers![/citation]
these are probably just hand picked defective 570 chips that once you eliminate the bad cores and instead of nvidia turning it into a 560ti by gutting more working cores this is just a way nvidia was able to use it as a marketing gimmick to sell them "for a few dollars more..."
when the shoe fits, check for road apples on the soles
: Me

Headspin_69

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
[citation][nom]monsta[/nom]Wish I knew about their release earlier I would of went Tri SLI with these![/citation]
Why would you buy the GTX 560 ti 448 when for the same price you can get a Superior upgraded GPU in the form of a GTX 570.

Sunfighterlc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Headspin_69[/nom]Why would you buy the GTX 560 ti 448 when for the same price you can get a Superior upgraded GPU in the form of a GTX 570.[/citation]

They arnt the same price, at least the EVGA models arnt. A 20mhz OC on average will give near reference 570 performance. So 757mhz will give a 570 roughly. The 289.99 EVGA FTW 448 is already at 797Mhz. Outside of 1 rebate via Galaxy, you wont find a 570 for cheaper than that. Since the 448 was released nearly every 570 on newegg has gone up in price to the 320-340 zone.

In all regards the 448s seem to just been released to keep the prices on the 570s above the 300 mark. The 6950 is a better value somewhat, but I wouldnt pass these up either. The only con is the fact its a limited production.

MSI seems to be the best overclocker once again for these cards. Seen a couple pushing the 940Mhz range in reviews.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Why cant they just call it GTX565, easier from the layman term.

btw, GTX570 do not have 48 ROP, tomshardware is wrong here. its 40 not 48.

ryedizzel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Do you think this card would run ok on a 620W Corsair Power Supply in a Sandy Bridge PC (i5-2500k) with 2 x hard-drives? Or would I need to upgrade my power supply?

G

my friend has a 6950 2gb, and we put his card in my computer and ran vantage, his card scored 18,600. Then we threw in my EVGA 560ti 448, and that scored 21,500 in vantage, both cards at stock speeds. Im happy i went with this card. He got jealous

Oh yeah, and we both noticed instantly that the colors on the nvidia card were much more vivid and awesome looking! He ended up saying damn i should have got that card haha

and Ryedizzle i am using a 430watt thermaltake power supply and i have been running this card for about a month now without one hiccup. And thats like 120watts under the reccomended lol.

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]my friend has a 6950 2gb, and we put his card in my computer and ran vantage, his card scored 18,600. Then we threw in my EVGA 560ti 448, and that scored 21,500 in vantage, both cards at stock speeds. Im happy i went with this card.[/citation]

It's cool you're pleased with your purchase, but keep in mind that 3DMark Vantage doesn't represent actual gaming performance very well. It's just a synthetic banchmark, and in actual games the cards are extremely close on average.

[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]Oh yeah, and we both noticed instantly that the colors on the nvidia card were much more vivid and awesome looking! [/citation]

Color can be adjusted to taste in the driver control panel on both cards.

Yeah i quit looking for one of these long ago the only ones i ever came across was made by zotac and i thought they looked ugly plus i don't really know if there a solid company anyway thanks Tom enjoy the review as always keep up the good work.

G

Is AA off or on? I don't need AA so if thats with the AA on the 560ti is good for me

Status
Not open for further replies.