Question Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 Driver ACCESS DENIED

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
GeForce Experience software cannot install the driver. Microsoft update
shows, access denied.
It used to work fine until one day just a blank screen. I thought to change the DVI-D
adapter to another and it worked. BUT just the basic VGA driver can be used. No driver can be installed.
Possibly after 6 years it just will not work again the same. No graphics ability when I use, Userbenchmark.exe The GPU is not there. GPU-Z shows nothing, but CPU-Z shows the Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 is there. No driver can be installed.

Any idea why this is? Device Manger does not detect. Unknown
device. It does not say my Nvidia Geforce GTX 950 can be detected.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If the gpu won't show for driver install, it could be the card is going bad. If only half the PC can see it, you probably need to buy a new GPU. GTX 950 did a good job lasting 6 years. My 980 that I bought in 2015 died a few years ago.

You might want to think about new monitor too soon if it only has dvi attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Tac 25

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
WoW that answer that I need a new GPU caused me to go into heavy breathing, stumbled around the room..... loosing strength...... ONE LAST try to use my
second Seagate HDD.
Now I am all confused when I am a BATTLE CRUSER when I used UserBenchMark.exe The GPU was back this time with another HDD and another copy of Windows 10.

Gaining Strength.... breathing normal..... But why did this be Windows 10 OS or Seagate HDD specific?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I didn't want to shock you but the signs seemed pretty clear.

So are both drives seagates?
No graphics ability when I use, Userbenchmark.exe The GPU is not there. GPU-Z shows nothing, but CPU-Z shows the Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 is there. No driver can be installed.

I guess all these missing card messages might have been drivers, and the hdd just not letting you install drivers. But I can't say I seen it before. Hdd not letting you install drivers, I mean. You would think it stop other things running/functioning as well. Seems strange.

might want to run scans of both drives using this - https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/

I wouldn't be surprised if card just vanishes again. Not because I think drive is to blame. GPU might have good/bad days. You might be fine..

Mr.Tibbs

Commendable
Oct 22, 2021
OK... the problem came right back after I updated my computer.
I fixed this problem with AOMEI BACKERUPPER and restored my
system back a month. Problem fixed with graphics driver installing and good results from UserBenchMark.exe BATLLE CRUSER again.

But... a day later again Device Manager shows that NO DEVICE for graphics card. Driver will not update and right back to no graphics card showing with GPU-Z.

A roll back on updates must be what this issue is. Someone has mentoned to roll back an update.

The Windows 10 forum may give advice on which update to roll back.
Everyone might get this problem when their computer has its updates
come through. Maybe an optional update not to select. I thought to select them all.

Colif

Win 11 Master
or its the card. Drivers don't just stop working.

I don't know if this would prove anything, it might not recognise card either. That could tell us its not windows
Try booting off an Ubuntu Live USB - https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview
don't install it, just run off USB.

note: ubuntu not perfect test. Hardware that can run on it might not on windows. But its to test if changing OS makes any difference.
You might be best trying GPU in another PC and see if it has same problems there.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'll see quite a bit of troubleshooting going on, however, the important is missing, before i can help out:

Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?