[SOLVED] Nvidia GeForce RTS 3060 or AMD RX6700XT

kengs1951

Reputable
Dec 12, 2017
I own the lg UL500 Monitor which is a 4 k monitor with HDR and is FreeSync Compatible. I am in the process of purchase a new computer and have the option of Nvidia Card or Amd Card. I plan to use my pc mainly for video editing but would also like to get into the games area as well down the road. Which card would you recommend. I am also concerned about the video quality of 4k.

Solution
As far as I can tell, a lot of video editors still use the CPU primarily to create the final product, with some aspects sped up by the GPU.

In any case, the 6700 XT is a better performer overall if you're not using ray tracing. If you meant the RTX 3060 Ti, then they're both neck and neck, but the 3060 Ti will significantly pull ahead in ray tracing.
As far as I can tell, a lot of video editors still use the CPU primarily to create the final product, with some aspects sped up by the GPU.

In any case, the 6700 XT is a better performer overall if you're not using ray tracing. If you meant the RTX 3060 Ti, then they're both neck and neck, but the 3060 Ti will significantly pull ahead in ray tracing.

Solution
There are reviews where in a blind test they could not tell the difference between Ray Tracing on or off. I leave it off as it’s not worth the performance hit in the games I play, I prefer the extra fps. Google reviews for it, although a far superior way of simulating light you may decide the actual results make it not worth worrying about.