Review Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition Review: Taking on Turing's Best at $499

Jan 11, 2021
Did this post time travel a from a period where we naively believe that a 3070 could be bought for usd 500? I'll keep my 1070 for perpetuity. Thanks.

Reactions: bigdragon

Krotow

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019
Please don't irritate people with 500$ price for 3070. It was never true. Think 1000$ and above now.

Lack of RGB is giant bonus for anyone who want his PC being hidden and silent under table.

Reactions: bigdragon
Jan 11, 2021
Please don't irritate people with 500$ price for 3070. It was never true. Think 1000$ and above now.

Lack of RGB is giant bonus for anyone who want his PC being hidden and silent under table.
I created an account just to complain about this LOL

JarredWaltonGPU

Senior GPU Editor
Editor
Feb 21, 2020
The initial GPU review posts, which all went up on the appropriate launch dates (as in, not one second late on any of them) were all a single monolithic page. There are reasons behind that, but the short summary is that the managing editors at Tom's Hardware are now redirecting the original URL into the new paginated version. The text and charts have not changed, on any of the reviews. It's just a change in the presentation. The original review was posted at https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-founders-edition-review and the new version with pages is at https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-founders-edition-review -- which is why the comments reset. (You can still read the original comments in the old forum thread if you want:

ctn.gooners

Commendable
Oct 21, 2018
Just logging into to complain the horrible availability of this card on Best Buy. Their ordering system doesn't work and just being screwed by scalpers.

Best Buy needs to honor orders base in the time it was ordered rather than releasing them.

And shame on Nvidia. Horrible company to allow it

Jan 12, 2021
I hate to break it to the people in the comments but the MSRP for the 3070 is still $499. You can buy one at that price, albeit with infamously extreme difficulty. Use Hotstock and keep an eye on stores that are not Ebay for stock. Literally just bought a 3070 on 1/6/21 for MSRP after 3 weeks of waiting. On Best Buy, which another comment was complaining was facilitating bots to instantly sweep up everything.

Stop being so dramatic, it's just a graphics card. It will not change your life. If you want to complain about paying $1000 bucks to scalpers, go for it. But you paid the idiot tax and put money in their pocket. Do not assume the rest of us need to as well.

Reactions: JarredWaltonGPU

Krotow

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019
Use Hotstock and keep an eye on stores that are not Ebay for stock.
Stop being so dramatic, it's just a graphics card. It will not change your life. If you want to complain about paying $1000 bucks to scalpers, go for it. But you paid the idiot tax and put money in their pocket. Do not assume the rest of us need to as well.
Hotstock is still US related service for US byers. It have no use here in Europe. Particularly not in my country.

For some who are building completely new system, GPU shortage is serious roadblock. Choice between months long waiting or having something from 2 generations ago for inflated price. No surprise why people are willing to pay double price or even more.

coxbw

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
I do not blame the web sites for lack of stock, but the BOTS. Assuming new items announced today in a few minutes, once again we will not be able to get them due to bots.

Krotow

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019
Why are you posting a review on new hardware 3 months after it came out?
They seems sorted out a mess with older articles.

I do not blame the web sites for lack of stock, but the BOTS. Assuming new items announced today in a few minutes, once again we will not be able to get them due to bots.
Blame impatient byers and scalpers. Bots are only a tool in hands of not so nice people (scalpers).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS