News Nvidia GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Rumored to Have a 165W TDP

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Where is the RX 7600 with 16GB VRAM AMD? Big talk from AMD about having more VRAM on $700 GPU, but when it comes to mainstream GPU, AMD is shortchanging consumers.
We agree! Awesome.

Yeah 12GB needs to be the new minimum if you ask me. 8GB cards are just getting to dated at 1080P. 16GB will soon be needed at even 1080P (arguably now in some fringe cases).

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
its pathetic that they are releasing a card that has more ram, then a higher tier card. it should be the other way around,the 4070 should have 16, and this card, 12. the lower you go the less ram it should have, but now, no lower then 8

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

sherhi

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2015
its pathetic that they are releasing a card that has more ram, then a higher tier card. it should be the other way around,the 4070 should have 16, and this card, 12. the lower you go the less ram it should have, but now, no lower then 8
It's more pathetic they make extra ram a selling point and charging premium for it, it just shows that extra GPU power outside of ram is not that appealing to consumers to pay for it.

It's up to consumers whether they tolerate it or not, car manufacturers in my country once tried to make "manual air-conditioning" a feature in a "special pack" with other useless things and asked good 20% extra of full price of a car...it did not last long. They are still trying this BS with regular cruise control, some 80+ years old tech...

So, the 4060ti comes with less cuda cores than a 3060ti, along with a reduced bus witdh!! I don't see how this GPU get's well ahead of the 3060i too much. Can a refined process give the lift needed over last gen, with lesser bandwidth and cores? Meh!

Reactions: PEnns

hannibal

Distinguished
So, the 4060ti comes with less cuda cores than a 3060ti, along with a reduced bus witdh!! I don't see how this GPU get's well ahead of the 3060i too much. Can a refined process give the lift needed over last gen, with lesser bandwidth and cores? Meh!

More cache...
But yeah.. the difference most likely is not big. The low end 1080p gaming is stagnated and will remain stagnated.

edzieba

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2016
It's more pathetic they make extra ram a selling point and charging premium for it, it just shows that extra GPU power outside of ram is not that appealing to consumers to pay for it.
Hey, if there are people who want to ignore real-world performance testing and just want Bigger Number Make GPU More Betterer printed on the box, why not charge them for giving them what they want? AMD are even paying for Nvidia's marketing in that regard.

Reactions: Why_Me