News Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 Unboxing

Most cards gonna be 3 - 3.75 slots. Might as well just turn the (axial) fans sideways and blow out the back of the case now. Sure would beat having 450W dumped onto your CPU area.

Kinda makes me wonder how a 2.5-3 slot deep centrifugal fan would perform!!!

Sep 25, 2022
How are SFF builds supposed to accommodate cards of this size? You basically don't have a choice; you're either going to use a custom block for the card or you're not going to use it at all in MicroATX / MiniITX cases.

Reactions: bigdragon
Oct 5, 2022
How are SFF builds supposed to accommodate cards of this size? You basically don't have a choice; you're either going to use a custom block for the card or you're not going to use it at all in MicroATX / MiniITX cases.
SFF is out. Invalidea has thrown the towel in on the SFF and budget band. That will bite them on the ass. They designed this chip with crypto in mind and it's blowing back into their faces. Monolithic chips of these size? Please. Chiplets are the future. AMD are already on it, and Intel isn't far behind. Unfortunately Invalidea tried to cash in on this gen with power users and crypto farms. Huge mistake they made, and it's reflecting in their stocks and dividends

Oct 5, 2022
Most cards gonna be 3 - 3.75 slots. Might as well just turn the (axial) fans sideways and blow out the back of the case now. Sure would beat having 450W dumped onto your CPU area.

Kinda makes me wonder how a 2.5-3 slot deep centrifugal fan would perform!!!
Just crank up the res in Teardown, and angle the fans towards your bed when you need a space heater

Sep 25, 2022
SFF is out. Invalidea has thrown the towel in on the SFF and budget band. That will bite them on the ass. They designed this chip with crypto in mind and it's blowing back into their faces. Monolithic chips of these size? Please. Chiplets are the future. AMD are already on it, and Intel isn't far behind. Unfortunately Invalidea tried to cash in on this gen with power users and crypto farms. Huge mistake they made, and it's reflecting in their stocks and dividends

This 40xx launch has been hard to watch. EVGA leaving thanks to mistreatment, the PSU confusion, the lying about their 4070/4060ti actually being a 4080 (lol) and now this insult to anyone who doesn't like having a massive setup.

I am buying parts for an ATX system right now in the Define 7, but the plan is to build in the Lian Li Q58 next, which is a mini-ITX case, because I love SFF builds I've seen online. It's just not going to be possible with cards of this size, especially if it's a custom loop that has to accommodate a res, a rad, the pipes, etc.

This is not how you give your community faith in your business, guys...

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
You've got to be a bit of a sap, to think unboxing videos are worth watching.

Ooh, look at that, he/she has just taken something out of a box…

No, I have not watched the video.