Question Nvidia Geforce Shadowplay causing stuttering in Rust.

stringerjesse04

Commendable
Nov 25, 2018
So when I play Rust whilst using Nvidia shadowplay my game stutters like when I open my inventory and boxes. But when I turn it off, this issue doesnt occur. Does anyone else have the same problem , or a solution?

SPECS:

Ryzen 5 2600x
32GB Ram 2800 mhz
B450-F Gaming Motherboard
GTX 1060 3gb

How much bitrate do you record at
how fast is your hard drive
do you record to the same disk the game is on

If you have a slowish drive that is occupied with recording and the game has to read in something new, like a menu item, it's gonna take a bit more time to get that data.

stringerjesse04

Commendable
Nov 25, 2018
How much bitrate do you record at
how fast is your hard drive
do you record to the same disk the game is on

If you have a slowish drive that is occupied with recording and the game has to read in something new, like a menu item, it's gonna take a bit more time to get that data.
I record on like 25 bitrate ive tried the lowest tho.
520MB/s
all my clips are saved on a different harddrive. I have a SSD that my game runs on.

So your saying that if my clips were recorded on the ssd it would be smoother. and i can transfer them later?

Jan 23, 2021
You must verify the GPU usage when you are playing and recording, cause screen recording consumes GPU performance, if your GPU usage is about 90% to 100% , be sure is GPU Bottleneck, try use programs like: FPS Monitor, MSI Afterburner to monitor the PC stats. if it be GPU try downscale the Graphics setting or the quality of recording. :geek:

stringerjesse04

Commendable
Nov 25, 2018
You must verify the GPU usage when you are playing and recording, cause screen recording consumes GPU performance, if your GPU usage is about 90% to 100% , be sure is GPU Bottleneck, try use programs like: FPS Monitor, MSI Afterburner to monitor the PC stats. if it be GPU try downscale the Graphics setting or the quality of recording. :geek:
The difference isnt that crazy its like 10% it goes up to 85% at most