Nvidia GFX Card Drivers Crashing

Thrill3R

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Hello guys, i have GA 78LMT USB3 MoBo and ASUS GTX 760 DCII OC GPU

since mid of November i am Experiencing crashes specially while surfing internet, screen would go black a 2-3 seconds sound loop and RESTART!!

but today it crashed and i could see a overlays of Red squares on screen then screen turned black but Red squares were still there..

this time it did not Restart just Display gone.. so i restarted after windows loaded Driver same red squares and Boom Display Gone..

I reinstalled windows (unactivated) instead of Recovery (Recovery doesn't have GFX Card drivers installed)

After re-installation i installed GPU Drivers again, it prompted me to install or not (by this publisher blah blah) as i clicked on install, after 2-3 seconds same red squares and Screen gone..

i tried removing GPU/CPU/RAM and installing them again but no use...

Please help me with this issue :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ERwI13s5Xw

Solution
You are sort of at a dead end diagnostically if you can't swap out or check any parts. I really doubt this is a driver issue.

If your gpu is under warranty then the logical thing would be to get it exchanged for a new one.
Its hard to discount the psu in these situations.
Try the GPU on another system, see how it works. Or try another GPU on your system. What is the make/model of PSU ? And what are the temps of system ?

Try to downgrade driver, see if it helps. It looks like the GPU is faulty, but still do the tests before you make a decision.

Thrill3R

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Temperatures are normal...

And crash/no display only happens when Nvidia drivers (new or old) are installed or being installed... I don't know anyone i can ask for Another GPU

My PSU is Cooler Master thunder 700

But is it really PSU or temp problem?

Because GPU works fine without Drivers installed.. ..

I seriously need help regarding this.. Should i take it to ASUS?

Also if driver is installed and Windows crashes.. GFX driver keep on crashing on Windows boot too

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
You are sort of at a dead end diagnostically if you can't swap out or check any parts. I really doubt this is a driver issue.

If your gpu is under warranty then the logical thing would be to get it exchanged for a new one.
Its hard to discount the psu in these situations.

Solution

Thrill3R

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Yes it is in Warranty...

But problem is also strange... Because GPU works fine without Drivers installed as Standard display device

But to play Games and other stuff i need to install drivers.. So i would go for replacement

ASUS india gonna take more than a month

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009

If you are running it on standard vga drivers, then the gpu pretty much isnt doing anything other than putting the screen buffer out the vga/monitor ports. Most of the acceleration and features will be disabled, along with less power consumption. The rest just falls back on the cpu, and any issue's with the gpu are less likely to show up.

eyrebrush

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
I have had, continually, the problem of my NVIDIA graphics card going unresponsive and then recovering, especially when I am working with high definition video graphics!
All the answers to this problem that I have found in all the forums I have visited have proved fruitless! All suggest maximizing the power clocks on both the CPU on the Motherboard and/or the GPU on the graphics card.
I have learnt that the problem does NOT lie with either of them! It’s your desktop monitor! As long as the computer’s power supply is ample for the Graphics card it should work perfectly. It’s when the graphics card is having difficulty with outputting the information to the monitor that problems occur! Monitors with only a VGA connection are not up to it. It’s like forcing the output of a water main through a catheter tube!
I have just purchased a new monitor that has DVI-D and HDMI inputs (as well as VGA). I was informed that there is no discernible difference between using the DVI-D input or the HDMI. The only advantage with the HDMI was when working with a TV as a monitor or such.
I have no problem whatsoever now, even when working my computer with the balanced power plan or high performance.