Nvidia Goes All Out at PAX East 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt2e

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
To me its a sign of an underwhelming product that they don't expect to sell enough units to justify a broad spectrum launch.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]mt2e[/nom]To me its a sign of an underwhelming product that they don't expect to sell enough units to justify a broad spectrum launch.[/citation]

Are you kidding?! The Radeon 6990 sold out INSTANTLY on Newegg and other sites, and this card will be no different. High end card or not, high price or not, there are enough former GTX 295 owners who will be very eager to pick up this card...it's pretty stupid on their part not to make more, because they could probably sell 10x as many as they will. High price or not, there are enough rich high end enthusiasts to pay the price tag.

Memoscorp

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]why? in all my years ive never had a bad product from asus, and most others will attest to that.[/citation]

Personal preference.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
"why? in all my years ive never had a bad product from asus, and most others will attest to that."

200-dollar M2N32-SLI Deluxe mainboard dead, in warranty (some extension I wasn't informed of until it was 'convenient'), lasted 2.5 years, RMA denied.

I'll still use them, but only after the alternatives are too expensive/not available/not enough features.

I'd only consider ASUS for this if they offer a lifetime warranty as good as EVGA's.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]ASUS? I HATE ASUS!!![/citation]
Hmmm as the other guy said, I too have never had bad experiences with Asus. I believe that they're truly the Apple of PC's..except they price everything right. They're up with technology, make very sturdy designs, very crisp and good architecture for their products, and great pricing..Never had a problem with tech support either. I love Asus:)

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I don't think the 590 has released yet Dork.
That's going to be on the 22nd from what I hear. So we'll kave to see the release quantities.
They should be good though since these are just chips that are already widely avalible.

gbean02

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Because EVGA ROCKS. Reason #1 Great customer service. They will bend over backwards to make you happy. Reason #2 LIFETIME WARRANTY.

theroguex

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Man, I see that triple-monitor setup and I think... what the heck? Who would want to play on that? It's stupid. So long as monitors have bezels, count me out.

Besides, those three displays probably cost 5x what a TV that size would cost. Argue resolution differences all you want; I'll still point to THE MASSIVE BEZELS cutting that resolution apart.

G

No-one else in the whole world, even Nvidia has said anything about the 590 at PAX since PAX has actually started and almost all others reference Tom's Hardward posts about it.

For some reason, although usually I would trust Tom's Hardware, on this occasion I smell a bit of a rat.

Krnt

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]Hmmm as the other guy said, I too have never had bad experiences with Asus. I believe that they're truly the Apple of PC's..except they price everything right. They're up with technology, make very sturdy designs, very crisp and good architecture for their products, and great pricing..Never had a problem with tech support either. I love Asus[/citation]

I never liked ASUS either, but since is the only one that have always saved me when the other brands fail, I've been convinced to use ASUS for everything on the PC's I build. (Mine included)

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
that 3 screen setup is cool and all...but come on. Spend half(or less) than that for a HDTV and plug that in. Less graphics power required, and would you Really notice a difference? Well, I would, since the TV wouldn't have those god-aweful bezels.

G

[citation][nom]theroguex[/nom]Man, I see that triple-monitor setup and I think... what the heck? Who would want to play on that? It's stupid. So long as monitors have bezels, count me out.Besides, those three displays probably cost 5x what a TV that size would cost. Argue resolution differences all you want; I'll still point to THE MASSIVE BEZELS cutting that resolution apart.[/citation]

I've been waiting for one of the larger manufacturers to make a LED backlit LCD that has an optional bezel. I wonder why they haven't done so yet?

doyletdude

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
[citation][nom]gbean02[/nom]Because EVGA ROCKS... Reason #2 LIFETIME WARRANTY.[/citation]

You clearly haven't been paying attention to EVGA lately... that ended around the start of 2011 for all new products.

Status
Not open for further replies.