[SOLVED] Nvidia GPU drivers and amd gpu

Jun 27, 2020
Please don't spam the forum keep it to 1 thread
I have a benQ zowie monitor (xl2411p) and it says to play a 3d game I will have to have NVIDIA GPU drivers but I have an AMD GPU. Will I still be able to play 3d games with the AMD GPU? Thank you

Solution
Jun 27, 2020
I have a benQ zowie monitor (xl2411p) and it says to play a 3d game I will have to have NVIDIA GPU drivers but I have an AMD GPU. Will I still be able to play 3d games with the AMD GPU? Thank you

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Bah, Zowie shouldn't have put that in there, ignore it.

If want proof AMD can game 3D (Not that you need to, but can see you might be new to the PC scene, if so welcome!), check youtube videos of any game benchmarks and you'll see AMD are there as well. All games are 3D rendered.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Yes, I think you are refering to GSync? That's just Nvidias anti-tearing solution (Like a hardware V-Sync). You can still use your AMD card but you will not have GSync. You can play any game you want.

Correct me if i'm wrong someone. I believe OP is refering to Gsync?

Jun 27, 2020
Yes, I think you are refering to GSync? That's just Nvidias anti-tearing solution (Like a hardware V-Sync). You can still use your AMD card but you will not have GSync. You can play any game you want.

Correct me if i'm wrong someone. I believe OP is refering to Gsync?
Thank you for helping, do I not need the GSync to play 3d games

Jun 27, 2020

If want proof AMD can game 3D (Not that you need to, but can see you might be new to the PC scene, if so welcome!), check youtube videos of any game benchmarks and you'll see AMD are there as well. All games are 3D rendered.

thank you, how come benQ have said I need Nvidia GPU drivers then?

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Thank you for helping, do I not need the GSync to play 3d games
No, Gsync is just a "technology" by nvidia to cut frame tearing in game. most games have V-Sync options which mean you can sync the frames to your monitors refresh rate to minimize tearing. You can use your AMD card on the monitory but you will have no access to GSync, which is completely fine. Gsync is considered very high end anyways.

Jun 27, 2020
No, Gsync is just a "technology" by nvidia to cut frame tearing in game. most games have V-Sync options which mean you can sync the frames to your monitors refresh rate to minimize tearing. You can use your AMD card on the monitory but you will have no access to GSync, which is completely fine. Gsync is considered very high end anyways.
Thank you for the help

boju

Titan
Ambassador
No problem. Its not your fault. A monitor is just a monitor, it displays whatever from any graphics card, be it Intel, AMD or Nvidia.

Imagine if BenQ limited a monitor to only work on Nvidia cards, that would be bad business practice.

Jun 27, 2020
No problem. Its not your fault. A monitor is just a monitor, it displays whatever from any graphics card, be it Intel, AMD or Nvidia.

Imagine if BenQ limited a monitor to only work on Nvidia cards, that would be bad business practice.
So I can still play 3d games with the AMD GPU?