[SOLVED] Nvidia GPU drivers and amd gpu

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 27, 2020
Please don't spam the forum keep it to 1 thread
I have a benQ zowie monitor (xl2411p) and it says to play a 3d game I will have to have NVIDIA GPU drivers but I have an AMD GPU. Will I still be able to play 3d games with the AMD GPU? Thank you

Solution
Do I need 3D vision to play games like fortnite?
Do you have 3D vision googles?
Those are not compatible with AMD graphics cards.

nvidia-3d-vision-1280x720.jpg

Solution
Jun 27, 2020
Do you not understand, what 3D stereoscopic vision is?
Please read the link.

It is possible to play the game normally - on flat (or curved screen), image appears normally on 2D surface.

And it is possible to play the same game in 3D stereoscopic vision, with specialized glasses. Images appear 3dimensional - like in 3D cinema using specialized glasses.

Your monitor supports this technology, but you have neither glasses nor Nvidia graphics card. So this is not available to you.
Have I explained this in clear enough manner to you?

Jun 27, 2020
Do you not understand, what 3D stereoscopic vision is?
Please read the link.

It is possible to play the game normally - on flat (or curved screen), image appears normally on 2D surface.

And it is possible to play the same game in 3D stereoscopic vision, with specialized glasses. Images appear 3dimensional - like in 3D cinema using specialized glasses.
Ok