Nvidia graphic card driver keep crashing

Yuan Jie

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
I have an Asus Nvidia GTX 550 Ti which was working well for about 8 months? Until recently when there was several driver crashes. I dont really know how it happens, it just happens randomly when im browsing the web, or doing any other stuff, even when im not playing games. I tried a few methods to solve this problem but didn't work. Here are the stuff that i did :

- Reinstalling windows (Formating harddisk)
- Reverting driver from the latest one to the one that came with the graphic card in the box.
- Uninstalled driver and reinstalled it (fully).
- Cleaning the dust off the gpu's fan.
- Cleaning the dust off my cpu's fan.

Really quite annoyed right now :/. anyone knows the problem? Advices are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sorry if I posted on the wrong section!

Solution
If the video card requires seperate power, make sure the power cable is connected and snug. If it is, your power supply may be insufficient or failing.

Yuan Jie

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 7/7/2013 12:53:59 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: YuanJie-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

and before that,

Source: EventLog
Date: 7/7/2013 12:54:10 AM
Event ID: 6008
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
The previous system shutdown at 12:38:26 AM on ‎7/‎7/‎2013 was unexpected.

and further before that,

Source: Display
Date: 7/7/2013 12:29:45 AM
Event ID: 4101
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Is what is says.

Craig Leverenz

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I am also having the same problem. Also running Windows 7. I have a GeForce 210 which has been running fine for months and in the last week it just crashes. Sometimes the screens just flash black for a second then recover, other times, it blue screens and then reboots

Yuan Jie

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013

i still cant find any solutions yet, im just switching back to Intel HD 2000 for now :/ The crashes are annoying.