[NVIDIA] Graphics card memory is not detected

May 20, 2018
Hi, I recently upgraded my graphics card from AMD to NVIDIA. I also reinstalled my windows (10). I started playing games, but I found out that they are really slower than the old graphics card (AMD), even though I got a better one. I investigated the problem and found out that in the display settings that I have 0 system video memory. I think that's probably the reason. Please help me to fix it and make it read probably. Thanks in advance.

May 20, 2018
Motherboard : LENOVO ThinkCentre 2OKT48A
CPU : Intel Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 1500MHz, 1 Core, 2 Logical Processors.
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro FX 380 LP
PSU: CREATIVE 1200W
RAM: 4GB

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What's your budget and what games are you trying to play?

Unfortunately, there's no part here that's remotely suitable for playing modern games. If you're trying to play games from 2004 or 2005, you can do that well, but there's no one upgrade that can modernize this PC.

What was your previous card? The FX 380 is a workstation card from nearly a decade ago, not a gaming card. And it's as slow in gaming as an HD 5450, so you can't expect much of anything from it.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

What was the old card?

Your system a very much out of date and could really do with being replaced.

May 20, 2018

I dont remember what it was but it was so bad but this one I got new is much better. After I got it back from the maintenance because the people there were replacing it, they installed Windows 7 for me. I downloaded the game I play again (Dota 2), it ran VERY smoothly ranging from 50 to 60 FPS. I was not familiar with Windows 7 because I had 10 since it was out, so I installed 10. The next time I tried the game, the FPS was 10 to 20 and SOMETIMES 20 to 25. The maintenance fresh installed the windows and activated it and cleaned my PC case, so I wouldn't say it's them. Also, after I installed 10 and found out about that lag, I installed 7 again with an old CD I had. It was the same. I have done that over 3 times to both 7 and 10 switching from here to there, from there to here. The PC ui is also laggy even when scrolling.

Did you install the drivers for the motherboard and graphics card after you installed Windows?

Probably need to stick with Win 7, if it worked ok, since theres a good chance the motherboard drivers aren’t certified for win 10. Kinda surprised 7 worked.

May 20, 2018

They gave me the PC with windows 7. I installed 10 cleanly and formatted my system.It was laggy so I went back to 7 and still laggy.

Right - the default drivers in windows are basic functionality, not optimum. Each time you reinstall Windows, you have to specifically install the correct motherboard and GPU drivers after downloading them from the motherboard manufacturer's website. The shop likely did that for you when they installed 7 and the new card. When you upgraded to 10, it wiped the old drivers, probably because they were incompatible so your system is not operating correctly.

May 20, 2018

If you know how to fix it, please tell me. I only updated the BIOS to the latest version, but it didn't help. If there is anything to do tell me.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Don't bump your own thread.

You'll have to find all the drivers for your PC first. Without knowing the *model* of your PC, there's limited help we can give you on this.

2OKT48A is the BIOS version for a wide line of PCs. Can't tell you the model from that. I can't identify the model of an ancient PC without more to go on than the CPU and the name of the low-end PSU.

May 20, 2018

http://prntscr.com/jkzchc

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Go here and follow the directions.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovorecovery?linkTrack=Body:Box:RecoveryMedia

What it automatically found isn't the model number of your Lenovo either, but an I/O chip. If Lenovo's site can't help, you're going to have to do some physical detective work on your PC to find this information, not just having a program tell the answer.

I suspect you require more assistance than can be given remotely like this. And since an hour at a shop will cost far more than your PC is worth, you're better off just getting a basic, refurbished Sandy Bridge and putting a 750ti in it when you get a chance.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAGD176Y5095

May 20, 2018

I can give you pictures of my PC from inside and show you all the prints to see what type is it. Is that okay with you?

TRENDING THREADS