Nvidia graphics drivers "not compaitble with this version of Windows", fresh Win 10 Pro install

speedaemon

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
This is for a 1080 TI GPU.

I have a fresh new build that I'm having some problems with. I'm trying to install the latest Nvidia drivers, and it's saying it's not compatible with my version of windows...

Error

I've tried intsalling through their Geforce Experience app, through their auto-detect drivers functionality, and downloading the specific version myself. Same error for all of them.

I've tried installing older versions than the current drivers. Same error...

"378.92-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe"
"381.65-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe"
"381.78-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe"

One weird thing I'm noticing is my Windows isn't giving me a specific build version...

My About Your PC
What Im Seeing Online

I installed Windows from a USB created using the official Media Creation Tool. Windows is activated. Check for Updates says I'm completely uptodate.

Ideas?

-Sarkis-

You are not even close to being up to date. Current version is 1703. 1607 is the Anniversary Update so you are about a year off.

I recommend making a new USB installation media with a more current version of the media creation tool and installing that instead of trying to update from that ancient version to avoid any issues with the update process.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 always has the most recent version available of the tool and ISOs if you want that instead.

speedaemon

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
The 1607 build isn't mine, it was an example of what I was seeing online. Mine is the top link, and it doesn't give me a build version at all.

I probably should try a reinstall anyway, not sure what else to do right now.

go to settings-----system----about and check what the version number it is.. if the problem is being on a very early version of windows update download and run the Microsoft update assistant

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

speedaemon

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017