[SOLVED] Nvidia GT 640 Display issue

Oct 2, 2018
Hi Guys i have a core 2 duo processor and 5 gb of ram the only problem i am facing right now is that my pc boots up but after 5 10 minutes gets some issue with the display it does not show the screen unless i reboot the pc any help will be good drivers dont even install i have done that alot of time but no use any help i have installed window 2 times but no use ? is there any issue with my graphic card ?

Solution

I have good and bad news for you then:
The good News is that your GPU is entirely fine.
The bad News is that it could be just everything... From a Deffective PSU which is the one i tend to say this is the problem to... the Motherboard or CPU itself.

It just Shuts down or reboots itself?

Also, how exactly old is your whole PC?

Ramlethal

Estimable

I have good and bad news for you then:
The good News is that your GPU is entirely fine.
The bad News is that it could be just everything... From a Deffective PSU which is the one i tend to say this is the problem to... the Motherboard or CPU itself.

It just Shuts down or reboots itself?

Also, how exactly old is your whole PC?

Solution
Oct 2, 2018

No i have only installed some games and nothing else the games are gta 5 darksiders 2 and outlast 2

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Has it always had the problem, or has it started recently?

Remove some of the ram sticks, try different combinations in case its a faulty module.

Ramlethal

Estimable

Shouldnt the PC restart in this case?
Im kinda confused since the problem seems to be that the PC shuts down immediately so i come to think more onto a faulty PSU. But since i kinda dont know further than the basic on these kind of troubleshoting i cant be 100% sure.

Oct 2, 2018
No it worked fine before i have been playing games but the issue started some days before and it gave a issue of drivers have stopped working and as you are saying of replacing the ram sticks i will do that tonight but i dont think that it will work ?

Oct 2, 2018
Let me explain the whole issue what happend a few days ago that i was playing the game gta 5 the game crashed suddenly and the desktop came and on the right of the taskbar it came a issue saying that video drivers has stopped working and has fixed so i ignored it and restarted the game then the display got black and the sound crash aswell and then the computer restarted i got worried and i thought it is a issue with the drivers so i reintalled um but the issue stayed so i Reinstalled the window but still the same issue then i removed my gpu and still the issue was there so i posted the issue over here ?? i am so pissed now ?

Oct 2, 2018

Let me explain the whole issue what happend a few days ago that i was playing the game gta 5 the game crashed suddenly and the desktop came and on the right of the taskbar it came a issue saying that video drivers has stopped working and has fixed so i ignored it and restarted the game then the display got black and the sound crash aswell and then the computer restarted i got worried and i thought it is a issue with the drivers so i reintalled um but the issue stayed so i Reinstalled the window but still the same issue then i removed my gpu and still the issue was there so i posted the issue over here ?? i am so pissed now ?

Oct 2, 2018

Thank you so much man to helping me Thank you