[SOLVED] Nvidia GT1030 installed but no video displays

Dec 25, 2019
I got my husband a EVGA Nvidia GT 1030 (upgrade from I believe a 710) and installed it today. Plugged monitor (HDMI) into the card port and booted up but get no display showing. Fan is spinning on GPU so doesn't appear to be faulty card...tried to plug into motherboard port and still no display.
I also got him a EVGA 500 w PSU, but could not hook it in because we need a 20 pin to 14 pin adapter for the motherboard (lenovo) and also the 4 pin doesn't adapt either somehow so im going to just need a different PSU I guess. anyways, we left his old PSU in but it is only a 280W and the card supposedly needs 300w. Would this be why there's no video?

Solution
300w is more of an fail safe inflated recommendation for the whole system. The card only needs 30w, 10w more than the 710.

What model Levono PC is it? I suspect it's a compatibility issue rather than power. Oem vendors can be limiting, rarely having adequate Bios support for future upgrades.

Just a suggestion build if curious. Onboard graphics offered by the 2200g apu cpu is a fair bit better than the GT 1030 but onboard graphics performance depends on ram speed, between 2933 to 3200MHz is good. Can use psu you bought.

If consider, Win10 is recommended. If Win10 is already in use, will have to be reinstalled and new license acquired to activate on different hardware. Which means, backing up personal data to a portable drive and...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
300w is more of an fail safe inflated recommendation for the whole system. The card only needs 30w, 10w more than the 710.

What model Levono PC is it? I suspect it's a compatibility issue rather than power. Oem vendors can be limiting, rarely having adequate Bios support for future upgrades.

Just a suggestion build if curious. Onboard graphics offered by the 2200g apu cpu is a fair bit better than the GT 1030 but onboard graphics performance depends on ram speed, between 2933 to 3200MHz is good. Can use psu you bought.

If consider, Win10 is recommended. If Win10 is already in use, will have to be reinstalled and new license acquired to activate on different hardware. Which means, backing up personal data to a portable drive and start fresh. Won't be able to simply move the hdd from old to new, driver conflicts etc, would be a nightmare.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($77.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($78.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.88 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $375.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-25 19:36 EST-0500

Solution