[SOLVED] Nvidia GT730 fan question

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 30, 2021
I was doing some checking on GPU-Z and the fan RPM on my GT730 is showing 0 RPM, even when I am playing Second Life, is showing a fan RPM of 0. Shouldn't the fan RPM go up as I put a load on it? GPU temp, showed 38*C last time I was playing, before game froze and crashed.

Solution
Yup, now I'm nearly 100% sure it's a fake. The scammer was sloppy. They didn't use the proper model name for a Gigabyte GT 730 on the sticker and didn't make the effort to print out a clock consistent with a GT 730. No Gigabyte GT 730s are clocked at 810 MHz, but what did have 810 MHz clocks? A GT 440. See no other conclusion but that someone repurposed some GT 440 PCBs with a $2 shroud and a cheaply printed sticker + box. I wonder if it was even reprogrammed to read out the correct specs other than changed to GT 730.

It sucks, but on the plus side, a GT 440 isn't really that much worse than a GT 730, just older driver support. There's likely little recourse at this point, unfortunately; no one should ever buy a GPU on Facebook...